locked Moving "QSO Logged" window?

Bill - AA4M

I'm using version 2.50.0 of JTAlert.  For some reason the little "QSO Logged" window has moved to the bottom of the screen.  Is there any way I can relocate it?

73, Bill  AA4M

Ron W3RJW

Edited

Window is coming from WSJT-X. Drag and drop wherever you want it.
Ron, W3RJW

FTdx-5000, Timewave Navigator, WSJT-x 2.4.0 rc4, JTAlert 2.50.0, HRD Deluxe v6.7.0.323
FTdx-3000, SignaLink USB

g4wjs

On 20/04/2021 15:47, Ron W3RJW via groups.io wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Window is coming from WSJT-X. Drag and drop wherever you want it.
Ron, W3RJW
Ron,

that's not correct, the "QSO Logged" pop up window is from JTAlert.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

Bill
G4WJS.

Bill - AA4M

That's the first thing I tried, it is un-draggable.

73, AA4M

On 04/20/2021 07:47:23, Ron W3RJW via groups.io wrote:
Drag and drop.
Ron, W3RJW

FTdx-5000, Timewave Navigator, WSJT-x 2.4.0 rc4, JTAlert 2.50.0, HRD Deluxe v6.7.0.323
FTdx-3000, SignaLink USB

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 20/04/2021 11:24 pm, Bill - AA4M wrote:
I'm using version 2.50.0 of JTAlert.  For some reason the little "QSO Logged" window has moved to the bottom of the screen.  Is there any way I can relocate it?

73, Bill  AA4M

That popup cannot be moved. Its position is fixed to the location of the parent window that presented the popup, in this case the main JTAlert window. This is behavior that as existed for many years.

JTAlert is in transition moving from the old code-base to the new .NET code. That popup is still living in the old code. Eventually it will switch over to the new code and no longer be tied to the old JTAlert main window. Notifications in the new code will be handled in a different manner avoiding the current hard-coded positioning of these popups that scroll up out of the JTAlert window title-bar.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Bill - AA4M

That gave me an idea.  I moved the main JTAlert window around until it resulted an placing the QSO window where I wanted.  Tedious, but this worked.  But I look forward to a later version of JTAlert when the QSO window can be dragged and will stay where it's placed.

Thanks for this superior software and support Laurie!

73, Bill  AA4M

On 21/04/2021 10:38 pm, Bill - AA4M wrote:
That gave me an idea.  I moved the main JTAlert window around until it resulted an placing the QSO window where I wanted.  Tedious, but this worked.  But I look forward to a later version of JTAlert when the QSO window can be dragged and will stay where it's placed.

Thanks for this superior software and support Laurie!

73, Bill  AA4M

Bill,

An alternative, if you happy that JTAlert is logging the QSOs reliably without error, is to turn off the "logging success" popup but leave the "logging failure" popup enabled. See the "Window -> Popup Windows" section of the main JTAlert Settings window.

de Laurie VK3AMA