locked JTAlert 2.50.0

Walter Reinert

When operating JTAlert 2.50.0 it will decode, but after a minute or two I get this attached message and the Main JTAlert window closed
Attached System info

Me
--
Walt NJ8G

Steve H.

I got the same issue. It happens when a variable is used but not declared first . 

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021, 11:15 Walter Reinert <nj8g@...> wrote:
When operating JTAlert 2.50.0 it will decode, but after a minute or two I get this attached message and the Main JTAlert window closed
Attached System info

Me
--
Walt NJ8G

Attachments:

Angus G0UGO <angus.g0ugo@...>

That’s exactly what’s happening with me

Angus G0UGO

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of Walter Reinert
Sent: 16 April 2021 16:15
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: [HamApps] JTAlert 2.50.0

Attached System info

Me
--
Walt NJ8G

Attachments:

Michael Black

What version of WSJTX or JTDX are you using?

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, April 16, 2021, 01:02:40 PM CDT, Angus G0UGO <angus.g0ugo@...> wrote:

Angus G0UGO

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of Walter Reinert

Attached System info

Me
--
Walt NJ8G

Attachments:

JTDX current release candidate version

Angus G0UGO 

-------- Original message --------
Date: 16/04/2021 19:09 (GMT+00:00)
Subject: Re: [HamApps] JTAlert 2.50.0

What version of WSJTX or JTDX are you using?

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, April 16, 2021, 01:02:40 PM CDT, Angus G0UGO <angus.g0ugo@...> wrote:

Angus G0UGO

Attached System info

Me
--
Walt NJ8G

Attachments:

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 17/04/2021 1:56 am, Steve H. wrote:
I got the same issue. It happens when a variable is used but not declared first . 

There are NO undeclared variables with the JTAlert code-base. I have the compiler set to abort compilation if undeclared variables are encountered.

These type of AutoIT errors are notorious for producing an incorrect error cause description along with sometime very inaccurate line numbers.

What line number did you get for your error, is it the same as the original poster, 11087 ?

de Laurie VK3AMA

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 17/04/2021 2:12 am, Angus G0UGO wrote:

Angus G0UGO

What line number, is it the same as the original poster 11087 ?

de Laurie VK3AMA

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 17/04/2021 1:15 am, Walter Reinert wrote:
Attached System info

Me
--
Walt NJ8G

Walt,

Another user had a similar issue, different line number. It was ultimately resolved by deleting the JTAlert config file. I suspect some setting within the file is the root cause, unfortunately neither my self or the Test Team have encountered the error.

Try temporarily renaming the JTAlert config file so that when JTAlert starts it creates a new file. Does the error occur after doing that?

The JTAlert help file (NOT the 2.50.0 features help file),  "Troubleshooting -> Setting Changes Not Remembered" section discusses where the config file is located and also how to roll-back to an earlier version of the config if needed. The help file can be access via the "HamApps JTAlert" Windows start-menu group if you're unable to from within JTAlert.

If JTAlert still throws the error despite being started without a config file, my suggestion at this time is to rollback to JTAlert 2.16.17

If JTAlert stops throwing the error after renaming the config.sqlite file, please zip it up and send to me direct (not via this group) so I can try and reproduce the problem.

Let me know your results.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Walter Reinert

Mike

Running:

WSJT-X v2.3.0 0c42df
HRD 6.7.0.323 Release 6.7.0.323
--
Walt NJ8G

Walter Reinert

Laurie

Followed you instruction, still received error except different line number attached, going back to 2.16.17

--
Walt NJ8G

Tried new config file and worked for a while but now get the same error message

Angus G0UGO

Sent: 17 April 2021 01:25
Subject: Re: [HamApps] JTAlert 2.50.0

Laurie

Followed you instruction, still received error except different line number attached, going back to 2.16.17

--
Walt NJ8G