locked Q65 decodes not showing

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 29/04/2021 5:16 am, K0GU wrote:
I don't see any Q65 calls in the JTAlert window either. But I thought that wasn't enabled yet from an earlier announcement. So I haven't been trying. I just worked someone on Q65 and nada in the window.
--
73,  Jay  K0GU

Non Q65 decodes display in 2.50.0 is a defect, despite the release notes claiming it was fixed.
It has been corrected and tested for the 2.50.1 release (likely within a week).

de Laurie VK3AMA

K0GU

I don't see any Q65 calls in the JTAlert window either. But I thought that wasn't enabled yet from an earlier announcement. So I haven't been trying. I just worked someone on Q65 and nada in the window.
--
73,  Jay  K0GU

Joe Subich, W4TV

I was wondering if we might see implementation like FT4 ?
That's among the changes in the version currently being vetted
by the beta test team. I'd give Laurie a week or so as he is
working a couple of other issues with that version.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-04-26 10:57 AM, Ron W3RJW via groups.io wrote:
Laurie,
I know you have a lot on have a lot on your plate, but Q65 sub-mode has been completely approved by the ADIF committee and also accepted as MFSK mode, Q65 submode by LOTW.. It's become a rather popular mode for meteor scatter and Moon Bounce on 6 meters. Along with not showing in JTAlert 2.50.0 callsigns window, I was wondering if we might see implementation like FT4 ?
Thanks
Ron, W3RJW
FTdx-5000, Timewave Navigator, WSJT-x 2.4.0 rc4, JTAlert 2.50.0, HRD Deluxe v6.7.0.323
FTdx-3000, SignaLink USB

Ron W3RJW

Laurie,

I know you have a lot on have a lot on your plate, but Q65 sub-mode has been completely approved by the ADIF committee and also accepted as MFSK mode, Q65 submode by LOTW.. It's become a rather popular mode for meteor scatter and Moon Bounce on 6 meters. Along with not showing in JTAlert 2.50.0 callsigns window, I was wondering if we might see implementation like FT4 ?

Thanks
Ron, W3RJW

FTdx-5000, Timewave Navigator, WSJT-x 2.4.0 rc4, JTAlert 2.50.0, HRD Deluxe v6.7.0.323
FTdx-3000, SignaLink USB

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 16/04/2021 5:43 am, Seb wrote:
By the way, in the past you had mentioned you were re-writing JTAlert, is that still the plan, since there are so many great additions in the latest version.

Yes the re-write is happening, JTAlertV3.
The new features & functionality of 2.50.0 are taken directly from the JTAlertV3 code-base.

V3 was taking too long to release, so I abandoned hopes of a fully-featured V3 release in the near future and instead have focused on bringing the new V3 code into V2 piecemeal over several releases. JTAlert 2.50.0 is a hybrid of the old and the unreleased new code. That will continue until eventually the old V2 code is gone and we only have V3 code, at that point I will rebrand to JTAlertV3.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Seb

Hi Laurie, I'm using the latest beta of WSJT-X, 2.4.0-rc4.

By the way, in the past you had mentioned you were re-writing JTAlert, is that still the plan, since there are so many great additions in the latest version.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 16/04/2021 1:43 am, Seb wrote:
I’m still not seeing any Q65 calls being displayed either in the Decodes or Callsigns windows.

73 de Sebastian, W4AS

What version of WSJT-X?

I am certain that was fixed a couple of months ago, but I may have broken something in the period between when Q65 was added and when I released 2.50.0. I clearly remember the hurdles in setting up a multi-instance Q65 environment to simulate a live session of Q65 decodes.

I'll investigate.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Ron W3RJW

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 11:44 AM, Seb wrote:
I’m still not seeing any Q65 calls being displayed either in the Decodes or Callsigns windows
If you are referring to version JTAlert 2.50.0, I concur.  I know it's only partially supported according to release notes, but should show something.  Logs the QSO's just fine.

Ron, W3RJW

FTdx-5000, Timewave Navigator, WSJT-x 2.4.0 rc4, JTAlert 2.50.0, HRD Deluxe v6.7.0.323
FTdx-3000, SignaLink USB

Seb

Thanks but WSJT-X is able to display and decode the Q65 signals, my issue is that they don't show up with JTAlert (others such as FT8 display fine).  I'm hoping that Laurie will have some suggestions.

Bill Barrett

Hello Seb-

Check your PC clock with "Time.is" and up the FTol to 200. Double check that your radio is right on frequency.
Hope this helps;

Bill W2PKY

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 11:44 AM Seb <w4as@...> wrote:
I’m still not seeing any Q65 calls being displayed either in the Decodes or Callsigns windows.

73 de Sebastian, W4AS

Fixes:

    - Q65 mode: Callsigns not being displayed in the Callsign display and
       decodes not being displayed in the Decodes window.

Jamie GOLLY

It happened to me.

Jamie

On Apr 15, 2021, at 10:34 AM, Seb <w4as@...> wrote:

Yes.  Why would that cause JTAlert to display or not display Q65 decodes?

Seb

Yes.  Why would that cause JTAlert to display or not display Q65 decodes?

Jamie GOLLY

In WSJT-X/General tab, do you have enable VHF/UHF checked?

Jamie
K6NGN