locked Version 2.50.0 F5 Text Message window

Steve, N3SL

Outstanding....  Learn something every day!

Thanks again for an outstanding app!  Can't fully operate FTx without it!

73,
Steve

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 7:50 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 15/04/2021 7:49 am, Steve, N3SL wrote:
One observation (and request) I'd like to add to this:  In the previous version, when I received a text message, the reply button left the texter's callsign in the address box.  Not so with the new version.  But I will say, in general, the new version is a vast improvement - and thanks, Laurie, for taking feedback/suggestions from all of us!

Steve
I wont go into the complexities why that is not implemented. But, the workaround is simple, but didn't get documented. Click the received message, a single-left click. That automatically populates the Callsign entry window with the Callsign sender of that message and will also perform an online check. You can also click one of your previously sent messages and the recipient callsign will populate the Callsign field.

Also Callsigns that have been messaged (in the current JTAlert session) are listed in the drop-down list below the Callsign entry field so you can find a previously messaged station there if there are no messages to click.

[...]

de Laurie VK3AMA

Steve, N3SL

One observation (and request) I'd like to add to this:  In the previous version, when I received a text message, the reply button left the texter's callsign in the address box.  Not so with the new version.  But I will say, in general, the new version is a vast improvement - and thanks, Laurie, for taking feedback/suggestions from all of us!

Steve

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 4:24 PM John C <vk7xx.radio@...> wrote:

thanks Laurie.   I was hoping that there was a "clear messages' button that I had missed that was similiar to the old versions.

Thanks again

John

John C

thanks Laurie.   I was hoping that there was a "clear messages' button that I had missed that was similiar to the old versions.

Thanks again

John

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/04/2021 6:51 am, John C wrote:

I cannot find a way of clearing the F5 Text Message window.  Can anyone help with this please ??

John
VK7XX

Wait 7 days, that is the threshold for removing old messages.
Alternatively, delete the message manually via the right-click context menu.
A function to delete all messages is currently unavailable, its on the todo list.

de Laurie VK3AMA

John C