locked .NET 5 and W7 home premium

David Gould

I have seen some postings that .NET 5 has installed OK with W7 Pro, but I have not seen anything regarding W7 Home premium (64 bit)

I am a computer user not a technician, I would appreciate any guidance on whether I can upgrade and if so how?  or am I stuck with the current version of JT Alert.

I know I can go back to previous versions of JT Alert, but can I go back to my current version of .NET (4.8) if I encounter any problems with the upgrade?

73,
Dave  G3UEG

John

Dave,

Easiest way to find out is to install .NET5.
It'll let you know.

John
VE7KKQ

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 9:10 AM David Gould <dave@...> wrote:
I have seen some postings that .NET 5 has installed OK with W7 Pro, but I have not seen anything regarding W7 Home premium (64 bit)

I am a computer user not a technician, I would appreciate any guidance on whether I can upgrade and if so how?  or am I stuck with the current version of JT Alert.

I know I can go back to previous versions of JT Alert, but can I go back to my current version of .NET (4.8) if I encounter any problems with the upgrade?

73,
Dave  G3UEG

Brian D

Installed OK here, W7 Home premium (64 bit) sp1

--
Brian D
G3VGZ G8AOE G3T

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/04/2021 2:09 am, David Gould wrote:
but can I go back to my current version of .NET (4.8) if I encounter any problems with the upgrade?

Its safe to try and install .NET 5 Desktop Runtime. Despite the naming and version number, .NET 5 is not an update of .NET 4.8, they are two independent installs with very different internal technologies. You can have both installed concurrently on the same PC. Similar to how it is permitted to have multiple different version .NET Frameworks installed.

de Laurie VK3AMA