locked the .NET 5 Desktop Runtime 64bit (x64)

Jim

Russ,
this is the problem with Microsoft. They have all these cryptic errors and no way to tell what is actually wrong and half the time if you ask them what that error means they give you some kind of BS for an answer.  Its annoying.  I wish DXLab and All the WSJT-x software (some may already be) was able to run under Linux so we could get away from Windows.

Jim K3YBN

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/04/2021 10:20 am, Russ - KA1ERL wrote:

Running windows 10 64bit version.

Attached is the log generated by the error.

Sorry, not much I can do about this. You will need to engage with Microsoft support to sort it out.

I note "Failed to extract all files" messages in the log. Perhaps your file is corrupt or your Protection software is interfering.

Depending on your ISP, downloading the NET 5 installer again may result in them delivering the same corrupt file, assuming it is corrupt. Try installing an earlier version.

X64 direct download links...
5.0.4 https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-desktop-5.0.4-windows-x64-installer
5.0.3 https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-desktop-5.0.3-windows-x64-installer
5.0.2 https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-desktop-5.0.2-windows-x64-installer

de Laurie VK3AMA

Russ - KA1ERL

This is a screen shot of the 0x80070570 error