locked 2.50 Like It - NET 5 - QSLpath indicators

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/04/2021 5:19 am, Willi Passmann wrote:
I can also confirm that the .NET 5 runtime and JTAlert 2.50 are running fine with my Win7 Prof. SP1, without paid updates.

I like the new version, for example the indication of the desired continent for directed calls is very informative, much better than the solution used in 2.16.
I wonder if the triangles for EQSL and LotW could also replaced by one letter (E / L) in the according corners in the entries of the callsign window? Then one would not have to remember which corner stands for which QSL route.

vy 73,
Willi, DJ6JZ

Willi,

Good news about Win7 SP1, I wonder how long that will last?

As for the QSL flag changes, I have some changes in mind for those. I'll run some tests and see how the Test Team feel.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Willi Passmann

Am 13.04.2021 um 03:43 schrieb HamApps Support (VK3AMA):
On 13/04/2021 11:32 am, James F. Boehner, MD via groups.io wrote:

My last computer on Windows 7 is my FT8 computer.  Fortunately, the 64-bit 5.0.5 framework loaded without a hitch.  I do not have the paid updates (I didn’t know they existed).  My Windows version is 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1.

’73 de JIM N2ZZ

Good to hear. I suspect however, that eventually, the .NET 5 runtime will have issues with Win7 SP1 per the Microsoft announcement. Likely the intention is that Win7 will not be supported without the ESU, but the underlying code has not reached that point or they simply forgot to enable a switch. Only time will tell.

de Laurie VK3AMA