locked Callsign window in V2.50 opens independently from applications scheduled to open when starting

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/04/2021 1:05 am, WU9D wrote:
That being said, the callsign window opens BEFORE any applications I have specified to open FIRST. The callsign window needs to open AFTER any applications specified, just like the JT Alert main window.

That is not the case. The Callsigns window is directly controlled by the JTAlert process. If JTAlert is not started, the Callsigns window will not start. It is impossible to open the Callsigns window without starting JTAlert first.

Regardless of how quickly the Callsigns window is displayed, it will not display and decoded/alerted Callsigns until the main JTAlert process has finished its start-up and established comms with WSJT-X.

What is the problem with the Callsigns window showing early, it still takes up the same amount of screen-space and in the same location as when it was last used. I honestly don't understand the complaint, unless I am missing something in your message.

What is the issue with the window showing a second or two early? Please explain.

de Laurie VK3AMA

WU9D <mike@...>

To start with I am not pleased at all with the callsign window. I use a laptop for mobile operations and desktop space is at a premium. So I liked it better the way it was before.