locked Slow ADIF import

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/04/2021 1:41 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
Sometimes this can be sped up dramatically by wrapping the entire import in a transaction

That is already happening.

On 14/04/2021 1:35 am, John Holmes W9ILY wrote:

As you may recall my ADI fie is over 85 MB for over 249,000 records and the load time took over 116,000 ms to complete. Can this be improved? Thanks for all of your latest enhancements!

John W9ILY

John,

I neglected to ask in my last message, what sort of import times were you getting with the old JTAlert?

On 14/04/2021 1:35 am, John Holmes W9ILY wrote:

As you may recall my ADI fie is over 85 MB for over 249,000 records and the load time took over 116,000 ms to complete. Can this be improved? Thanks for all of your latest enhancements!

John W9ILY

John,

I am very surprised. This new version should be faster.

Please send me direct your FULL04012021.ADI file and I will test and compare my results with your published results.

For Laurie....

Sometimes this can be sped up dramatically by wrapping the entire import in a transaction.  Are you already doing that?
And it appears you do postpone the index creation until it's done which is good too.

Mike W9MDB

On Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 10:35:19 AM CDT, John Holmes W9ILY <w9ily@...> wrote:

Laurie,

As you may recall my ADI fie is over 85 MB for over 249,000 records and the load time took over 116,000 ms to complete. Can this be improved? Thanks for all of your latest enhancements!

John W9ILY

John Holmes W9ILY

Laurie,