locked 2.50 Like It

Mike White K6LU

Smooth install no issues. I like all the changes, great work.
 The only surprise was selecting the call sign to send to WSIT required a double click.
Perusing the settings I found the switch to set it back to single click.

--
MIke
K6LU

Bruce VK2RT

Thanks Laurie, love it...

73 Bruce
VK2RT

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 13/04/2021 9:16 am, Mike K6LU wrote:
 The only surprise was selecting the call sign to send to WSIT required a double click.
Perusing the settings I found the switch to set it back to single click.
That was one of the changed settings that didn't get documented.
I changed the default from single-click to double-click during development to avoid the numerous inadvertent initiating of QSOs while I was testing the windows.

The new windows, each have their own dedicated config file. I am moving away from the single-monolithic config file of the old JTAlert, which if there is a problem due to corruption losses all settings. Now with individual window-specific configs, at most the settings of one window will be lost if there is a file corruption event.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Russ Ravella

Sweet piece of work Laurie - really nice !  Thanks !!
Russ KR6W

On Apr 12, 2021, at 4:58 PM, Bruce VK2RT <bruce@...> wrote:

Thanks Laurie, love it...

73 Bruce
VK2RT

Bob WB2NVR

Hi Laurie -

Fantastic upgrade! No issues with the install. Took a while to see where all the items to adjust were, and now my Alert is all customized.

The only minor request/suggestion I have is to center the numbers in the Activity Window, or make it a choice. Certainly not a big deal to leave it as it is.

Thanks so much for this program, Laurie. FTx wouldn't be as much fun without your essential add-on.

73 ES GUD DX,

Bob WB2NVR

James F. Boehner, MD

Thanks Laurie,

My last computer on Windows 7 is my FT8 computer.  Fortunately, the 64-bit 5.0.5 framework loaded without a hitch.  I do not have the paid updates (I didn’t know they existed).  My Windows version is 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1.

I do like the new format of JT Alert 2.50, but I will need time to check out all its new capabilities.  I definitely like the “Last upload to LOTW” when I hover over the received callsign!

’73 de JIM N2ZZ

Fantastic upgrade! No issues with the install. Took a while to see where all the items to adjust were, and now my Alert is all customized.

The only minor request/suggestion I have is to center the numbers in the Activity Window, or make it a choice. Certainly not a big deal to leave it as it is.

Thanks so much for this program, Laurie. FTx wouldn't be as much fun without your essential add-on.

73 ES GUD DX,

Bob WB2NVR

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 13/04/2021 11:07 am, Bob WB2NVR wrote:
The only minor request/suggestion I have is to center the numbers in the Activity Window, or make it a choice. Certainly not a big deal to leave it as it is.

Bob WB2NVR
Are you talking about the tx/rx counts or the Band number? let me know.

These sort of changes are NOW very trivial to implement and the changes can be seen in real-time. I'll add the request to the todo/wish list.

FWIW, there are further changes in progress for that window and the Band Heat window.

On 13/04/2021 11:32 am, James F. Boehner, MD via groups.io wrote:

My last computer on Windows 7 is my FT8 computer.  Fortunately, the 64-bit 5.0.5 framework loaded without a hitch.  I do not have the paid updates (I didn’t know they existed).  My Windows version is 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1.

’73 de JIM N2ZZ

Good to hear. I suspect however, that eventually, the .NET 5 runtime will have issues with Win7 SP1 per the Microsoft announcement. Likely the intention is that Win7 will not be supported without the ESU, but the underlying code has not reached that point or they simply forgot to enable a switch. Only time will tell.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jon KM8V

I like it too. Very nice, Laurie!

Personally, I'd love to ditch the "main" window for the callsigns window, if there was a way to get to the menu from there.

Also it'd be cool if in addition to DX Call in the status bar, there was an option to display the other information that gets looked up in the main window, like Name, QTH, Grid, Country, State, CQZ, ITUZ, Continent and a QRZ button in the status bar.

Nice work! 73

G. E. Janssens - K5WW

Many fantastic, and welcomed improvements and new features!

Including the very last one on the list, which has been a pain in my lower back for years. I know, minor gripe (which I never reported - mea culpa) but...

Thanks Laurie!

73,

Erik - K5WW

Mike G0LQI

Very good Laurie and, as you have said before, there is a treasury of adjustments behind the little cog wheel. Perhaps you ought to label it, "Open Sesame".
vy 73 Mike G0LQI

mma2

Laurie,

Just installed v2.50 on my Win10 PC and am amazed at the improvements!  I’ve been using the various versions of JTAlert for 8 years and have loved your app.  This is the very best version yet!

Thank you for a wonderful app!!!

Blessings,

Rick

K6HOM

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 13/04/2021 1:43 pm, Jon KM8V wrote:
Personally, I'd love to ditch the "main" window for the callsigns window, if there was a way to get to the menu from there.

That's coming. Not immediately, the remaining components of the main JTAlert window, Logging fields, the Confirmed Bands/Mode display as well as some miscellaneous popups need to be migrated over to the new code base.

Eventually, there will be no main JTAlert window, just an icon in the Windows notification area or perhaps a small floating toolbar. I haven't decided yet, but I am leaning towards a small toolbar, or perhaps a choice between the two. I'm big on allowing user choice, hi.

On 13/04/2021 2:38 pm, G. E. Janssens - K5WW wrote:
Many fantastic, and welcomed improvements and new features!

Including the very last one on the list, which has been a pain in my lower back for years. I know, minor gripe (which I never reported - mea culpa)

Erik - K5WW
What list are you referring too, and what is the last one on that list? I am curious.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Tim N3XX

Will there be any way to resize the JTAlert window? It doesn't require as much horizontal space now that decoded callsigns are no longer displayed in that window. I would like to make it smaller left to right, so that it will take up less space.

Thanks --- 73,
Tim - N3XX

On 2021-04-13 7:54 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 13/04/2021 1:43 pm, Jon KM8V wrote:
Personally, I'd love to ditch the "main" window for the callsigns window, if there was a way to get to the menu from there.
That's coming. Not immediately, the remaining components of the main JTAlert window, Logging fields, the Confirmed Bands/Mode display as well as some miscellaneous popups need to be migrated over to the new code base.
Eventually, there will be no main JTAlert window, just an icon in the Windows notification area or perhaps a small floating toolbar. I haven't decided yet, but I am leaning towards a small toolbar, or perhaps a choice between the two. I'm big on allowing user choice, hi.

Right-click the gear icon and see if you have "Window size locked" checked.

Mike W9MDB

On 2021-04-13 7:54 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
> On 13/04/2021 1:43 pm, Jon KM8V wrote:
>> Personally, I'd love to ditch the "main" window for the callsigns
>> window, if there was a way to get to the menu from there.
>
> That's coming. Not immediately, the remaining components of the main
> JTAlert window, Logging fields, the Confirmed Bands/Mode display as well
> as some miscellaneous popups need to be migrated over to the new code base.
>
> Eventually, there will be no main JTAlert window, just an icon in the
> Windows notification area or perhaps a small floating toolbar. I haven't
> decided yet, but I am leaning towards a small toolbar, or perhaps a
> choice between the two. I'm big on allowing user choice, hi.
>
> de Laurie VK3AMA

Tim N3XX

Thanks Mike, but I wasn't referring to the new Callsigns window. I would like to resize the old JTAlert window.

73,
Tim - N3XX

On 2021-04-13 7:54 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
> On 13/04/2021 1:43 pm, Jon KM8V wrote:
>> Personally, I'd love to ditch the "main" window for the callsigns
>> window, if there was a way to get to the menu from there.
>
> That's coming. Not immediately, the remaining components of the main
> JTAlert window, Logging fields, the Confirmed Bands/Mode display as well
> as some miscellaneous popups need to be migrated over to the new code
base.

> Eventually, there will be no main JTAlert window, just an icon in the
> Windows notification area or perhaps a small floating toolbar. I haven't
> decided yet, but I am leaning towards a small toolbar, or perhaps a
> choice between the two. I'm big on allowing user choice, hi.
>
> de Laurie VK3AMA

Michael Black

That one is fixed size....I imagine that will be sizable when it's replaced in the future.

Mike W9MDB

On 2021-04-14 8:58 AM, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
> Right-click the gear icon and see if you have "Window size locked" checked.
>
> Mike W9MDB
>

> On Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 07:55:47 AM CDT, Tim N3XX
> <n3xx@...> wrote:
>

> Will there be any way to resize the JTAlert window?  It doesn't require
> as much horizontal space now that decoded callsigns are no longer
> displayed in that window.  I would like to make it smaller left to
> right, so that it will take up less space.
>
> Thanks --- 73,
> Tim - N3XX
>
> On 2021-04-13 7:54 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
>  > On 13/04/2021 1:43 pm, Jon KM8V wrote:
>  >> Personally, I'd love to ditch the "main" window for the callsigns
>  >> window, if there was a way to get to the menu from there.
>  >
>  > That's coming. Not immediately, the remaining components of the main
>  > JTAlert window, Logging fields, the Confirmed Bands/Mode display as well
>  > as some miscellaneous popups need to be migrated over to the new code
> base.
>  >
>  > Eventually, there will be no main JTAlert window, just an icon in the
>  > Windows notification area or perhaps a small floating toolbar. I haven't
>  > decided yet, but I am leaning towards a small toolbar, or perhaps a
>  > choice between the two. I'm big on allowing user choice, hi.
>  >
>  > de Laurie VK3AMA
>  >
>  >

Tim N3XX

Yes, I was hoping it could be made resizable, but no big deal if it requires much work to change.

73,
Tim - N3XX

On 2021-04-14 8:58 AM, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
> Right-click the gear icon and see if you have "Window size locked"
checked.

> Mike W9MDB
>

> On Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 07:55:47 AM CDT, Tim N3XX
> <n3xx@charter.net <mailto:n3xx@charter.net>> wrote:
>

> Will there be any way to resize the JTAlert window?  It doesn't require
> as much horizontal space now that decoded callsigns are no longer
> displayed in that window.  I would like to make it smaller left to
> right, so that it will take up less space.
>
> Thanks --- 73,
> Tim - N3XX
>
> On 2021-04-13 7:54 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
>  > On 13/04/2021 1:43 pm, Jon KM8V wrote:
>  >> Personally, I'd love to ditch the "main" window for the callsigns
>  >> window, if there was a way to get to the menu from there.
>  >
>  > That's coming. Not immediately, the remaining components of the main
>  > JTAlert window, Logging fields, the Confirmed Bands/Mode display
as well
>  > as some miscellaneous popups need to be migrated over to the new code
> base.
>  >
>  > Eventually, there will be no main JTAlert window, just an icon in the
>  > Windows notification area or perhaps a small floating toolbar. I
haven't
>  > decided yet, but I am leaning towards a small toolbar, or perhaps a
>  > choice between the two. I'm big on allowing user choice, hi.
>  >
>  > de Laurie VK3AMA
>  >
>  >

Jim N6VH

On 13/04/2021 1:43 pm, Jon KM8V wrote:
Personally, I'd love to ditch the "main" window for the callsigns window, if there was a way to get to the menu from there.

That's coming. Not immediately, the remaining components of the main JTAlert window, Logging fields, the Confirmed Bands/Mode display as well as some miscellaneous popups need to be migrated over to the new code base.

Eventually, there will be no main JTAlert window, just an icon in the Windows notification area or perhaps a small floating toolbar. I haven't decided yet, but I am leaning towards a small toolbar, or perhaps a choice between the two. I'm big on allowing user choice, hi.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Laurie,

I vote for user choice.

73,