locked Windows Defender false positive : Release 2.50.0

Ron / W4MMP

Hi Laurie,

The download is failing a Window Defender scan.   This is on a Win10 Home, with all current updates including the latest Defender definition update.   Most likely the old AutoIt security issue (?).  I have submitted a false positive report to Micro Soft.

73,
Ron / W4MMP

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 13/04/2021 8:37 am, Ron / W4MMP via groups.io wrote:

The download is failing a Window Defender scan.   This is on a Win10 Home, with all current updates including the latest Defender definition update.   Most likely the old AutoIt security issue (?).  I have submitted a false positive report to Micro Soft.

73,
Ron / W4MMP

Tnx Ron,

I didn't have time to upload to Microsoft for a per-emptive scan prior to launch.

de Laurie VK3AMA

WB5JJJ - George

I had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get it to download and KEEP.  Finally set an exclusion for my download folder and Windows still objected for several screens.  Finally got to the blue screen and was able to run the program anyway.  I was hoping for the new version would be more acceptable to all the virus scanners.  I only use Windows Defender on this machine.

--
73's
George - WB5JJJ

Micky Corrow

So should I wait to allow M$ to fix this or can someone outline the procedure to avoid jumping thru all the hoops to keep the file?

Micky K1XH

And you may need to exclude the directory that contains the .exe from Defender’s periodic scans as well.

Doug VK2EY

Ron / W4MMP

Microsoft has cleared the file.

jtalert.2.50.0.install.exe
Submission ID: d22fef71-d261-4d07-b46b-f11002269118
Submitted by: w4mmp@...
Submitted: Apr 12, 2021 6:35:30 PM
User Opinion: Incorrect detection
Analyst comments:

                We have removed the detection.  Please follow the steps below to clear cached detection and obtain the latest malware definitions.

The next release of the definition file may have the correction.

73,
Ron / W4MMP
On 4/12/2021 22:18, Doug Rosser wrote:

And you may need to exclude the directory that contains the .exe from Defender’s periodic scans as well.

Doug VK2EY

Jay

I never had JTAlert issues until 2.5.0.  Windows Defender quarantines the "Settings" exe file, making it impossible to change any settings.

Also, I keep working stations over and over because not all Call Signs show up as Worked B4.   Seems restarting JTAlert resets something of the database entries.

I love the new app, but simply can no longer run it, since JTAlert will not start without the "Settings" exe.  "Trojan:Win32/Hynamer.A!ml"

73  jb  N4NQY

Dave Garber

tell defender to ignore hamapps folder in scans

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE