locked DX SPOT BEACON REMOVAL

Anthony W. DePrato

Thanks Neil i will check out spot collector.
73 Tony

At 06:46 PM 3/10/2021, you wrote:

That looks like a screen cap from SpotCollector.  Check your SpotCollector settings to see if you're inadvertently spotting yourself somehow.

Neil, KN3ILZ
[]  Virus-free. www.avg.com

Al Groff

Tony,
That can happen if the spotting station loss CAT and the radio is no longer on the same band as WSJT.
WSJT will continue to send spots after CAT is lost.

AL, K0VM

On 3/10/2021 3:09 PM, Anthony W. DePrato wrote:
Can anyone tell me why the below is showing up on the dx cluster also i would like to know how to stop this..

YES I am running the latest versions of WSJT and JTALERT.and DXLAB

YES I have all psk beacons and any think i could find that said anything about reverse beacons and broadcasting turned off.

also i never was on 14.080 so why does this false spot show upEmacs!

Thanks for any help
73 Tony WA4JQS

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 11/03/2021 10:46 am, neil_zampella wrote:

That looks like a screen cap from SpotCollector.  Check your SpotCollector settings to see if you're inadvertently spotting yourself somehow.

Neil, KN3ILZ

Doesn't look like self spotting to me. He was spotted (I assume as column headings are missing) by N8YQX & VE4PER.

If the op doesn't want to be spotted by other stations he needs to go QRT or setup his software (is it SpotCollector?) to not display spots of his Callsign, assuming that is a supported function of the software.

I also don't see how Beacons come into this. I don't see any Beacon callsigns in that image.

de Laurie VK3AMA

neil_zampella

On 11/03/2021 8:09 am, Anthony W. DePrato wrote:
Can anyone tell me why the below is showing up on the dx cluster also i would like to know how to stop this..

YES I am running the latest versions of WSJT and JTALERT.and DXLAB

YES I have all psk beacons and any think i could find that said anything about reverse beacons and broadcasting turned off.

also i never was on 14.080 so why does this false spot show upEmacs!

Thanks for any help
73 Tony WA4JQS

What application is that image taken from?
Please repost the image showing the column headers?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Anthony W. DePrato