locked JTAlert makes PC slow

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 3/03/2021 3:26 pm, K0GU wrote:
I've been working on this a lot tonight, reading old posts, etc and I don't quite get it.

I'm running three instances of JTDX rc-155 (153 before that, etc). With each instance of JTAlert I start the typing into the PC gets slower and I think my FT8 decodes get slower. If I have only one instance of JTAlert running I can type character into W10 Notepad fairly smoothly but by the time I'm running three instances of JTAlert typing gets about five seconds behind. I first noticed this when typing messages into the Text Message Window.

I have some delay in my SDR/SDR program so I always use AutoSeq3 so I can have late decoding. But the delay has gotten pretty bad and is running two or more seconds into the xmit sequence. I have a fast computer and the load with three instances of JTDX/JTAlert only uses about 30% of the CPU and 50% if I turn SWL mode on to all JTDXs (I'm listening to dead bands ATM 6m &10m). So to me it doesn't seem to be a resource issue.

I'm guessing I don't have something setup quite right when it comes to JTDX/JTAlert communication and that is causing the delay??? Can someone post what my settings should look like please??? All three instances are working (displaying calls properly). BTW I have no logging program hooked up at all. I'm just using the stand along features in JTDX.

73,  Jay  K0GU
Try disabling hotkey support in JTAlert. A small number of users have experienced performance issues when hotkeys are enabled.
I believe it is tied to the 3rd party hotkey library used by JTAlert in conjunction with something else running on the users PC (what that is is unknown).

Settings Window -> "Miscellaneous -> Hot Keys" section, unckeck the "Enable all hotkeys" checkbox then restart JTAlert.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

de Laurie VK3AMA

K0GU

Can JTAlert cause the kind of slowdown mentioned above when using several instances with no connected log program?

K0GU

Edited

[...]

I'm guessing I don't have something setup quite right when it comes to JTDX/JTAlert communication and that is causing the delay??? Can someone post what my settings should look like please (or a link)??? All three instances are working (displaying calls properly). BTW I have no logging program hooked up at all. I'm just using the stand along features in JTDX.

Doctor my brain hurts - (Monty Python)

73,  Jay  K0GU