locked The Alert for a decode of MyCall

KD7YZ Bob

When there is a decode of MyCall, the line on WSJTx turns red as usual.

In JtAlert, the decode spot/box is Red ..however, it is also MyCall.

Didn't this used to be the calling guy's call? Or am I senile again?

Pse see the jpeg attached.
Bob KD7YZ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 27/02/2021 3:31 am, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
When there is a decode of MyCall, the line on WSJTx turns red as usual.

In JtAlert, the decode spot/box is Red ..however, it is also MyCall.

Didn't this used to be the calling guy's call? Or am I senile again?

Pse see the jpeg attached.
Bob KD7YZ

Normally the calling station Callsign is displayed, BUT, in your case that did not happen because your using the Q65 mode which the current public release of JTAlert, 2.16.17, does not recognize.

2.16.17 was released before Q65 was released so has no understanding of Q65 decodes. When a decode is received for an unrecognized mode, JTAlert will not display the decode Callsign, except if your Callsign is detected in the decode. You will observe if your receiving Q65 decodes not directed to you, that none are displayed in JTAlert. This is not ideal, but happens when a new mode is released and I don't get an early "heads up" that it is happening and what the new mode identification character used will be. Each mode uses a unique mode identification character which JTAlert has to be coded to look for. The same happened when FST4 was released.

The next release of JTAlert will recognize Q65 decodes.

de Laurie VK3AMA