locked JTAlert with JTDX and WSJT-X at the same time.

K0GU

A slight correction. When you start two instances of JTDX you only start JTAlert for JTDX once and it starta up on the second instance of JTDX and completely skips over the first instance.

K0GU

FWIW I found something of a kludge work around for using one WSJT-X with other instances of JTDX.

Stop all instances of JTDX and JTAlert. Start one instance of WSJT-X and JTAlert for WSJT. Start two instances of JTDX and JTAlert for JTDX. The first instance of JTDX will not work with JTAlert but the second instance will (and a third and a fourth). I've only had this running for a couple of hours so maybe I'll run into a problem sooner or later.

I have my 1st instance of JTDX minimized and getting it's audio from an unused input source to keep the load down. My computer can handle the extra overhead but slower computers might not.

There is probably some fatal flaw with this idea!??

73,  Jay  K0GU

K0GU

Unfortunately you are likely right. It will be interesting to see if Q65 can produce some EU results on 50.305 that don't happen on FT8. But I run JTDX for everything else except Q65 so no JTAlert on Q65 unless I use two computers. JTAlert on 6m FT8 is my morning alarm clock during summer Es DX season. :o)

73,  Jay  K0GU

neil_zampella

FWIW ... I seriously doubt that the clone will include Q65. Q65 is really not meant for HF, and the clone has ripped out anything pertaining to EME, VHF, contests, EME, MS, and so on.

Neil, KN3ILZ

K0GU

  Thanks for the reply. I was afraid of that. I'm working on using two computers and making one a JTDX computer and one a WSJT-X computer. If Q65 gets popular enough to be adopted by JTDX in the future that would fix most of my problem.

thanks

73,  Jay  K0GU

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 23/02/2021 10:09 am, K0GU wrote:
Is there anyway I can make JTAlert work on both program at the same time? I'm using 3x JTDX instances, with 3x JTAlert JTDX, and 1x WSJT-X. JTAlert WSJT-X won't start because apparently because it thinks WSJT-X is the 4th instance of one of the programs?

thanks,

73,  Jay  K0GU

Sorry, JTAlert does not support a mixture of JTDX & WSJT-X concurrent instances. 16 instances are supported, but of only one type at any time, JTDX or WSJT-X.

de Laurie VK3AMA

K0GU