locked WSJT-x v2.3 installed; No Outgoing interfaces or Multicast TTL; but working

Andrew; KF6LU

I've been following topics in this group prior to upgrading to v2.3 of WSJT-x.  Downloaded v2.3 64 bit and installed.  First thing I noticed was that Outgoing interfaces and Multicast TTL lines did not appear on the Reporting screen of WSJT-x.  Attempted to make contacts and expected to receive error messages. Made FT4 and FT8 contacts on 12, 17 and 20. All contacts logged successfully to WSJT-x log, to Log4OM v-2 , my QRZ log and uploaded to LOTW by Log4OM.  All seems to be working fine without having those lines in the Reporting screen.  I see from a previous topic (JTAlert not triggering TX) that others downloaded  v2.3 and did not have the screens and had problems.  I'm at a lost as to why my download didn't have the line but still seems to be operating.  Downloaded from the Princeton site.
here's my WSJt-x screen.   I do have the Multicast on Loopback checked in JTalert.
I'll post on the WSJT-x group if no one has any ideas here.

g4wjs

On 08/02/2021 15:28, Andrew Buza; KF6LU wrote:
[...]
Andrew,

nothing unexpected there, the outgoing interfaces and multicast TTL settings are only relevant if the target server is listening on a multicast group address. 127.0.0.1 is a unicast address.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

Bill
G4WJS.

Andrew; KF6LU

Thanks Bill for quick reply.  My question though is why did the lines not appear when I downloaded v2.3 but others get them?

Ron W3RJW

Buza,

I'm confused  What "lines" are you looking for ?   If you want to use multicast then you have enter a multicast address in WSJT-X.

Unicast still works just fine (127.0.0.1) if you have no need for multicast (I don't).  Uncheck the option for multicast in JTAlert.

I am using JTDX 2.3.0, JTAlert 2.16.17 and HRD.
Ron, W3RJW

Andrew; KF6LU

Ron;  I am confused as to why when some downloaded v2.3 the Outgoing interfaces and the Multicast TLL "lines" appeared in the Setting, Reporting screen of WSJT-x.
But when I installed the  program they were not there.  When running the install program how does the program know I'm running a "multicast or unicast:?
If I later decide to change my UDP server to say 239.255.0.1 do I then have to reinstall v.2.3.    Sorry I'm not fully understanding the program.

Ron W3RJW

Edited

Perhaps the others were already using multicast in which case it will be used.

The program does not know. As soon as you enter a multicast address the other lines will appear.  You can go back and forth whenever you want.  You do not have to reinstall the program, just change the adr.
Ron, W3RJW