locked JT Alert Not Triggering TX

W7JHR@...

When I click on a call sign in JTAlert it's not starting the tx on my rig.  I used to only have to tap the call sign once and it would start the tx.  This just started happening today.  Any ideas on how to fix?
Thanks,
Jim W7JHR

KR4LU

Same problem here.
Dave KR4LU

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 6/02/2021 4:22 am, W7JHR via groups.io wrote:
When I click on a call sign in JTAlert it's not starting the tx on my rig.  I used to only have to tap the call sign once and it would start the tx.  This just started happening today.  Any ideas on how to fix?
Thanks,
Jim W7JHR

Does the Callsign get transferred to WSJT-X? If not the likely cause is the WSJT-X UDP Server settings are not correct. I have been flooded with support requests since WSJT-X 2.3.0 GA went live, all due to incorrectly configured UDP settings. Make sure you have the "Accept UDP requests" ticked. eg from my copy...

de Laurie VK3AMA

W7JHR@...

The call sign shows up in JTAlert, but does not transfer to the RX Frequency window in WSJT-X when clicked.  I went back in and looked at the UDP settings and they were all checked. I even changed the UDP Server address to yours, but that didn't work, so I put my former address back.

Thanks,
Jim W7JHR

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 6/02/2021 11:46 am, W7JHR via groups.io wrote:
The call sign shows up in JTAlert, but does not transfer to the RX Frequency window in WSJT-X when clicked.  I went back in and looked at the UDP settings and they were all checked. I even changed the UDP Server address to yours, but that didn't work, so I put my former address back.

Thanks,
Jim W7JHR
If the Callsign is not being transferred to the DXCall field of WSJT-X that indicates one or two possibilities, either the "Accept UDP requests" is not enabled or that the decode that corresponds to the Callsign no longer exists within the WSJT-X list of decodes. If the decodes have been cleared in WSJT-X than it will not respond to Callsign click events from JTAlert, that is how WSJT-X is coded (as part of its anti-robot framework) and not something JTAlert can control (and not that I would want it to, the automated robot stations that now pollute the bands are a scurge on the hobby IMHO).

If this worked in the past, when did it stop working and what changed at that time, was it a JTAlert or WSJT-X upgrade?

If all else fails try a Windows restart, it can't hurt.

de Laurie VK3AMA

W7JHR@...

JTAlert worked perfectly in the past.  I upgraded to WSJT-X 2.3 two days ago and that's when I started to see the problem.  Attached are two screen shots. One, the UDP set up in WSJT-x which has been the same since the mode was invented.  Also, I noticed on the screenshot of your UDP that you have two windows that I don't.  Outgoing Interfaces and Multicast TTL.  The second screenshot is of the UDP setup in the JTAlert program.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled both programs with no joy.  Thanks for your help.

Jim W7JHR

Jim N6VH

On 2/6/2021 8:43 AM, W7JHR via groups.io wrote:
JTAlert worked perfectly in the past.  I upgraded to WSJT-X 2.3 two days ago and that's when I started to see the problem. Attached are two screen shots. One, the UDP set up in WSJT-x which has been the same since the mode was invented.  Also, I noticed on the screenshot of your UDP that you have two windows that I don't.  Outgoing Interfaces and Multicast TTL.  The second screenshot is of the UDP setup in the JTAlert program.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled both programs with no joy.  Thanks for your help.

Jim W7JHR
Jim,

Are you certain that you are actually running WSJT-X 2.3? That WSJT-X settings screen doesn't look like the one in 2.3. It should look like the one in the screen shot that Laurie sent.  Those two extra windows should be there.

73,

Jim N6VH

W7JHR@...

Hi Jim,
I just uninstalled and re-installed WSJT-x 2.3. and I don’t see the other two windows .

Jim W7JHR

W7JHR@...

I am far from being a tech guru, but I was wondering if I have a corrupted file that is causing the problem?  Does that even make sense?  If so, what would happen if I saved the adi. files from WSJT-x and deleted all the other files in WSJT-x and JTAlert and did a fresh install?

Jim W7JHR

Jim N6VH

On 2/6/2021 12:10 PM, W7JHR via groups.io wrote:
I am far from being a tech guru, but I was wondering if I have a corrupted file that is causing the problem?  Does that even make sense?  If so, what would happen if I saved the adi. files from WSJT-x and deleted all the other files in WSJT-x and JTAlert and did a fresh install?

Jim W7JHR
_._,_._,_

Jim,

If it were me, I would work on the missing fields in the WJT-X Settings - Reporting window. The fact that you are running 2.3.0 and those aren't showing indicates something is wrong with your installation of WSJT-X. This wouldn't be caused by JTAlert. I suggest doing a complete uninstall of WSJT-X and delete all the files except wsjt_log.adi, all.txt and wsjt.log. To be on the safe side, savethose three files to another location. Then download a fresh copy of the install program and install it. This might be overkill, but it won't hurt anything.

If that doesn't work, mention the fact that you are missing those two fields (windows as you call them) on the WSJT-X forum. Include a screen capture of that particular window in your message.

It is quite possible that this is what is causing the problem with the TX not being triggered.

73,

Jim N6VH

W7JHR@...

It all seems to be working properly now.  Here's what I did.  I went into my download file and erased every download that was ever in there from any program whether it involved WSJT-x or JTAlert or not.
I then uninstalled both WSJT-x and JTAlert from my computer.  I then installed a new version of WXJT-x 2.4 rc1.  This was the first time I have seen this download.  I also re-installed the latest version of JTAlert.  Everything seems to be working.

Thanks everybody for your help.
73,
Jim W7JHR

Jim N6VH

On 2/6/2021 2:49 PM, W7JHR via groups.io wrote:
It all seems to be working properly now.  Here's what I did.  I went into my download file and erased every download that was ever in there from any program whether it involved WSJT-x or JTAlert or not.
I then uninstalled both WSJT-x and JTAlert from my computer.  I then installed a new version of WXJT-x 2.4 rc1.  This was the first time I have seen this download.  I also re-installed the latest version of JTAlert.  Everything seems to be working.

Thanks everybody for your help.
73,
Jim W7JHR
Jim,

Glad you got it working.

73,

Jim N6VH

neil_zampella

FWIW ... any uninstall of WSJT-X DOES NOT touch any of the usual log files as they are kept under the USERS directory tree, not the WSJT-X directory.    So you can uninstall without worrying about losing the WSJT-X log, or your settings.

Neil, KN3ILZ

neil_zampella

FWIW ... v2.4.0-RC1 is a open BETA program to help work out the issues with the new Q65 mode, and also to insure that any issues have not been introduced by adding this mode to WSJT-X.

If you use it, you are strongly encouraged to report any issues to the WSJT-X development mailing list as listed in the Release notes, and on the WSJT-X webpage.

Neil, KN3ILZ