locked More CQ Marathon info

Phil Cooper

Laurie and the group,

I have checked the "Auto clear triggered Alert entry after logging", but I am still getting alerts for an entity that was logged on another band.

As an example, I worked ZA/IN3PPH on 40m FT8 yesterday (4th), but JTAlert is giving me an alert today when he was on 30m FT8.

The only way I can prevent this is to do a rebuild of my log, which was what I had to do before.

So, does the Auto clear only work for the same band/mode in the same session?

73 de Phil GU0SUP

Steve, N3SL

Phil,

When the alert fires, what "reason" is JTAlert telling you?  (put your mouse pointer over the alerted call in the JTA window - a popup will tell you what triggered the alert - plus other info)
Sounds to me like ZA on 30 may have fired for a reason other than Marathon.

On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 5:04 AM Phil Cooper via groups.io <pcooper=suremail.gg@groups.io> wrote:

Laurie and the group,

I have checked the "Auto clear triggered Alert entry after logging", but I am still getting alerts for an entity that was logged on another band.

As an example, I worked ZA/IN3PPH on 40m FT8 yesterday (4th), but JTAlert is giving me an alert today when he was on 30m FT8.

The only way I can prevent this is to do a rebuild of my log, which was what I had to do before.

So, does the Auto clear only work for the same band/mode in the same session?

73 de Phil GU0SUP

Phil Cooper

Hi Steve,

For that call, it was a Marathon alert first and foremost.I have new Marathon entities set to a specific colour, and that is what it showed, and said.

Given that this call was previously worked on another band, it should not have given me a new Marathon alert.

I already have ZA worked, confirmed and verified on 30m, it should not have alerted me for a Wanted Prefix or DXCC, and that was not the alert type. I don't have grids set as an alert, so it won't have been that.

73 de Phil GU0SUP

[...]

Jim N6VH

On 2/5/2021 6:16 AM, Phil Cooper via groups.io wrote:

Hi Steve,

For that call, it was a Marathon alert first and foremost.I have new Marathon entities set to a specific colour, and that is what it showed, and said.

Given that this call was previously worked on another band, it should not have given me a new Marathon alert.

I already have ZA worked, confirmed and verified on 30m, it should not have alerted me for a Wanted Prefix or DXCC, and that was not the alert type. I don't have grids set as an alert, so it won't have been that.

73 de Phil GU0SUP

Phil,

The Auto Clear is permanent.

You might have already done this, but you might want to make certain that none of the relevant settings have changed. IOW, Auto Clear is still checked, no QSL for Marathon, Any Band, Any Mode. They shouldn't have changed, but it might be worth a check.

Also, go to Settings - CQ Marathon, and see if Albania is listed in the "Not Wanted" or "Wanted" listing.

Even if you have already done thes, it is sometimes a good idea to a double, or even triple check.

73,

Jim N6VH

Phil Cooper

Hi Jim,

Just out of curiosity, I did check, and Albania is NOT in the wanted list

Still puzzled, but I will figure it out!

Currently, the only option after working a new Marathon entity (CQ Zone or DXCC) is to do a rebuild, which is not a major issue, but with over 100k QSO’s, it can take a few minutes.

73 de Phil GU0SUP

[...]

If you know you've only worked a new Marathon, scroll to the Marathon box in the "rebuild" window and simply rebuild that - only.  I have 30k Qs, and it takes 8 seconds.

On 2/5/2021 2:07 PM, Phil Cooper via groups.io wrote:

Hi Jim,

Just out of curiosity, I did check, and Albania is NOT in the wanted list

Still puzzled, but I will figure it out!

Currently, the only option after working a new Marathon entity (CQ Zone or DXCC) is to do a rebuild, which is not a major issue, but with over 100k QSO’s, it can take a few minutes.

73 de Phil GU0SUP

Phil,

If Albania is not in the Marathon Wanted list, then you should not be getting a Marathon alert for it. Incidentally, did you also check the Not Wanted list? It should be there if it isn't in the Wanted list. That might seem like an odd question, but I find it is a good idea not to assume anything in cases like this.

Also, did you recheck that all the settings are what they should be. It never hurts to check. If the country is in the Not Wanted list, and not in the Wanted list, and all the settings are checked correctly, then you should not get the alert.

73,

Jim N6VH

Phil Cooper

Hi Jim,

Yes, it is in the Not Wanted list, and is not in the Wanted list.

I also re-checked all other settings, and I cannot see anything untoward.

73 de Phil GU0SUP

[...]

Thanks for that. It does save a bit of time, and is something I will be doing from now on, at least until I can make Marathon alerts pop up when they ARE needed.

73 de Phil GU0SUP

On 2/6/2021 2:44 PM, Phil Cooper via groups.io wrote:

Hi Jim,

Yes, it is in the Not Wanted list, and is not in the Wanted list.

I also re-checked all other settings, and I cannot see anything untoward.

73 de Phil GU0SUP

Since everything is set the way it should be, there shouldn't be any unwanted alerts. If they continue, something is definitely wrong. One other question. After you click the Log QSO button for any QSO, do you get a box like this? See attached picture.

73,

Jim N6VH

Phil Cooper

Hi Jim,

Not sure what is happening, but when I went on today, I am not seeing Marathon alerts for countries (well, one at least!) worked on other bands this year.

One was 3B8CW, who I hadn't worked on 15m before, but I had worked 3B8BAP on 17m, so I am now even more puzzled.

I didn't get a chance to check that logging entry, as I had a bit of a pile-up going, so was quickly working through that.

Will have to see what the coming week shows....

73 de Phil GU0SUP