locked JTAlert locks up if too many QSO's in HRD logbook #HRD

Barry Mcdonald <bmcdon9085@...>

I have JTAlert sending to HRD logbook.  Use to work great but started locking up for a few minutes after QSO sent or clicking on anything to transmit.  Kept getting worse.  Trouble shot to JTAlert not able to get existing info from logbook such as B4.  After finally narrowing it down to this I created a new DB in HRD and this worked great.  Unfortunately This has no B4 info.  I currently have 4700 entries in HRD.  Is there a limit or solution?  If I remove about half of these it is fine.  All software is current.
Thanks,
Barry
W5CJ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 30/01/2021 1:00 am, Barry Mcdonald via groups.io wrote:
I have JTAlert sending to HRD logbook.  Use to work great but started locking up for a few minutes after QSO sent or clicking on anything to transmit.  Kept getting worse.  Trouble shot to JTAlert not able to get existing info from logbook such as B4.  After finally narrowing it down to this I created a new DB in HRD and this worked great.  Unfortunately This has no B4 info.  I currently have 4700 entries in HRD.  Is there a limit or solution?  If I remove about half of these it is fine.  All software is current.
Thanks,
Barry
W5CJ

Barry,

Let me guess, you're using an Access type Log in HRD, is that correct?

4700 entries is small and is not the cause of your problems. In the past I have tested with Access logs of over 100,000 entries without issue.

In recent months there have been a not insignificant number of JTAlert/HRD users who have experienced a range of issues, the most common being increasing slowdowns. The solution in all cases was to create a new logbook in HRDLogbook, import your old QSOs into that new Log and then set JTAlert to use that new Log.

You have already created the new log, but have not performed the import of your old QSOs and that is why the B4's are not working. Your old QSO and the number of are not the problem so it is safe to import them into your new Log.

The root cause of the HRD Access log problem is unknown, I suspect something gets broken within the ODBC DSN that all HRD logs use, possibly due to Windows updates. Creating a new Log creates a new DSN after which the problems disappear.

Let us no how you get on.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Barry Mcdonald <bmcdon9085@...>

I had put 1200 QSO's back in by copy and paste to give me some of the B4's and it worked good.  I deleted them all out of the new database and did an import to do it proper.  It worked perfect for about 10 minutes but when I made a contact it messed up again for about 10 minutes.  Workes great until I give it a comand like freq. change, mode change or try to make a contact.  Any other ideas?
Barry
W5CJ

Dick Bingham

Hello all

I am experiencing a similar 'lock-up' that takes up to 1-minute and 45-seconds
for the DXKeeper logging operation to release WSJT-X FT8 to begin decoding again.

Almost seems like it it tied to the 15-second RX/TX cycles of FT8.

73  Dick/w7wkr

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 11:30 AM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
[...]

Jim - N4ST

Barry,

Something else is causing your problem.  4,700 QSOs are not a lot for HRD Logbook.

73,

Jim – N4ST

--
73,

Michael Black

Ensure you have your database file/folder excluded from anti virus programs.

Mike W9MDB