From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bernd - KB7AK
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 00:07
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: [HamApps] Grid Chase - one more question

I am probably still misunderstanding something, but I was expecting that if I have worked a station on 40m before since the beginning of January, it wouldn't be marked as a needed grid (it was even the same mode. I have attached two screenshots, the first one shows WB6DJI calling CQ and it is highlighted in Purple, my color indicator for a needed grid. The CQ call is for DM03. The second screenshot shows that I worked a station from DM03 before, on this band, within this month, and that it was confirmed by LoTW.

What am I still not getting?
_._,_._,_

Bernd - KB7AK

Hi Jim,

Yes, I did the scan, I scan several times a day, usually after I uploaded and synchronized with LoTW.

Bernd - KB7AK

I think I found it, it seems that there is a distinction between FT8 and JT65 and JT9

Michael Black

Yes...you get credit for each band/mode every month.

So 12 bands, 3 modes (Just looking at FT8, JT65, and JT9) , 12 months means up to 432 QSOs to the same call sign.  :-)

de Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 11:53:31 AM CST, Bernd - KB7AK <bernd1peters@...> wrote:

I think I found it, it seems that there is a distinction between FT8 and JT65 and JT9

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 11/01/2018 4:52 AM, Bernd - KB7AK wrote:
I think I found it, it seems that there is a distinction between FT8 and JT65 and JT9
Bernd,

How have you setup the Mode Tracking for the Wanted Grid Alert? It should be "Any Digital Mode" as per the instructions in the JTAlert help file, "Tutorials -> ARRL International Grid Chase 2018
" topic.

On 11/01/2018 4:58 AM, Michael Black via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes...you get credit for each band/mode every month.

So 12 bands, 3 modes (Just looking at FT8, JT65, and JT9) , 12 months means up to 432 QSOs to the same call sign.  :-)

de Mike W9MDB
Mike,

With respect to the Grid Chase, the rules don't distinguish between different digital modes. There are 3 categories, CW, Phone and Digital.

This is why JTAlert for the Chase, the recommended Mode Tracking for the Grids is "Any Digital Mode".

Ahh...had to read the detailed rules to see that.  I don't have the restricted view of "modes" that ARRL does.

So it's only only 144 QSOs per grid per year.

de Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 7:08:17 PM CST, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 11/01/2018 4:58 AM, Michael Black via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes...you get credit for each band/mode every month.

So 12 bands, 3 modes (Just looking at FT8, JT65, and JT9) , 12 months means up to 432 QSOs to the same call sign.  :-)

de Mike W9MDB
Mike,

With respect to the Grid Chase, the rules don't distinguish between different digital modes. There are 3 categories, CW, Phone and Digital.

This is why JTAlert for the Chase, the recommended Mode Tracking for the Grids is "Any Digital Mode".

de Laurie VK3AMA

Bernd - KB7AK

It is set to Any WSJT-X Mode