locked Feature Request: WSJT-X (Contest Mode) to DXLabs DX Keeper log #DXLAB

Duncan Campbell

Hi,
I am in the middle of the RTTY Roundup and have been using WSJT-X, JT Alert for WSJT-x and DX Keeper.

All has been going very well using this combination, however, my desire is to switch to RTTY and another program.  When I went and looked at the DX Keeper log, the contest (CONTEST_ID), transmit exchange (STX_STRING), and Receive Exchange (SRX_STRING) were all blank.  My plan was to use DX Keeper as a repository for all my QSOs during the contest, and send one Cabrillo file from there.

Request that when WSJT-X is in contest mode, that JT Alert pass these three items to DX Keeper, as well as the information which is normally passed.

73 de duncan

Joe Subich, W4TV

Request that when WSJT-X is in contest mode, that JT Alert pass
these three items to DX Keeper, as well as the information which is normally passed.
Turn on contest mode in DXKeeper. See the help file and DXLab Wiki
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStarted>

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-01-02 11:08 PM, Duncan Campbell wrote:
Hi,
I am in the middle of the RTTY Roundup and have been using WSJT-X, JT Alert for WSJT-x and DX Keeper.
All has been going very well using this combination, however, my desire is to switch to RTTY and another program.  When I went and looked at the DX Keeper log, the contest (CONTEST_ID), transmit exchange (STX_STRING), and Receive Exchange (SRX_STRING) were all blank.  My plan was to use DX Keeper as a repository for all my QSOs during the contest, and send one Cabrillo file from there.
Request that when WSJT-X is in contest mode, that JT Alert pass these three items to DX Keeper, as well as the information which is normally passed.
73 de duncan

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 3/01/2021 3:08 pm, Duncan Campbell wrote:
Hi,
I am in the middle of the RTTY Roundup and have been using WSJT-X, JT Alert for WSJT-x and DX Keeper.

All has been going very well using this combination, however, my desire is to switch to RTTY and another program.  When I went and looked at the DX Keeper log, the contest (CONTEST_ID), transmit exchange (STX_STRING), and Receive Exchange (SRX_STRING) were all blank.  My plan was to use DX Keeper as a repository for all my QSOs during the contest, and send one Cabrillo file from there.

Request that when WSJT-X is in contest mode, that JT Alert pass these three items to DX Keeper, as well as the information which is normally passed.

73 de duncan

JTAlert already logs contest exchanges, but you need to enable that option.

Specifically, JTAlert will log 'SRX', 'STX', 'SRX_STRING', 'STX_STRING' if the fields received from WSJT-X contain data

de Laurie VK3AMA

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 4/01/2021 9:25 am, Laurie, VK3AMA wrote:
Specifically, JTAlert will log 'SRX', 'STX', 'SRX_STRING', 'STX_STRING' if the fields received from WSJT-X contain data
In addition, JTAlert has no concept of 'CONTEST_ID' and it is not something conveyed by WSJT-X. You will need to put your logger (DXKeeper) into contest mode prior to logging contest QSOs from WSJT-X/JTAlert.

de Laurie VK3AMA

n3rdv

I don't see that "Log WSJT-X COntrest Exchanges (DXK...."  in version 2.16.16..

I have >>

Mark  N3RDV

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 6/01/2021 1:08 pm, n3rdv wrote:
I don't see that "Log WSJT-X COntrest Exchanges (DXK...."  in version 2.16.16..

I have >>

Mark  N3RDV

There are more options, you need to scroll down. Did you miss the highlighted vertical scrollbar (on the right) in my original post?