locked HRD Radio control causes JT Alert/JTDX to fail. #HRD #JTDX

Ken

Edited

My install of JT Alert does not work properly when using HRD for radio control of JTDX. JT Alert just sits there almost as though it is not connected in any way to the other programs.   No error codes.  No call signs detected.  Nothing.  It is as thought JT Alert is not turned on.  If I change to FLRig to control the radio then things work fine; all programs behaving as expected.

I can change to WSJX with JT Alert and HRD radio control and things work fine.  I have looked for a setting somewhere that would cause JTDX/JT Alert/HRD Radio control to fail but I cannot see any settings that would affect that.  I have rebooted (Frequently), re-installed, and finally tried out some new four letter words.  But now I am stuck and don't know where to look next. I am sure this is a setting problem; Not a program bug.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

All software is the latest versions available as of today.  The radio is IC 7300.

Thanks,
Ken, K1KDA

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 1/01/2021 8:48 am, Ken via groups.io wrote:
[...]

What does JTAlert show in the titlebar? Is it displaying the current Band or just "???m"? If the later that indicates that JTAlert is not receiving and UDP data from JTDX.

JTAlert has no concept of Rig/CAT control, it simply utilities the UDP status data sent from WSJT-X and JTDX.

From your description of what works and not, the problem would appear to lie with JTDX. If all works with FLRig but not HRD for rig control in JTDX, that  further suggests a problem either in JTDX or a setting within JTDX. Sorry, I can't offer any other insight as to what might be wrong within JTDX.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Tom - K5EIS

Hi Ken;
You didn't mention this, so I'll ask. When using JTalert with JTDX, does the JTalert that you start have an icon containing a red musical note? There are 2 different icons for JTalert based on whether you use WSJTX or JTDX. The red musical note is for use with JTDX and the blue musical note is for use with WSJTX. Sometimes I forget to switch.

Tom - K5EIS

You see! I just got them switched in my previous post. It's blue for JTDX & red for WSJTX.