locked DX Marathon Wanted and B4

Jon KM8V

It looks like B4 highlighting is taking precedence over Marathon Wanted status - Marathon should alert even if it is worked B4, or there should be an option to ignore B4 for wanted Marathon stations, I would think?

Thanks & 73 - Love JT-Alert!

Jim Cooper

On 26 Dec 2020 at 6:15, Jon KM8V wrote:

> It looks like B4 highlighting is
> taking precedence over Marathon
> Wanted status - Marathon should
> alert even if it is worked B4, or
> there should be an option to ignore
> B4 for wanted Marathon stations, I
> would think?

In the alert priority list, do you have
"Worked B4" below the "Wanted CQ Marathon"?

graphic

Use F1 to get the above window.

w2jc

Jon KM8V

Worked B4 is not available in the alerts priority settings window.

Jon KM8V

Well, strangely, without changing anything else - except posting this message! :) - the B4 station is now properly highlighted as Marathon Wanted, after being B4 highlighted for an hour.

Jon KM8V

Ok, so I just reset everything for Marathon 2021, and everything turned pink - except some B4s. Shouldn't Marathon highlighting take precedence over B4?

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 1/01/2021 11:47 am, Jon KM8V wrote:
Ok, so I just reset everything for Marathon 2021, and everything turned pink - except some B4s. Shouldn't Marathon highlighting take precedence over B4?

You will need to adjust the B4 ignore date to the start of this year if you're pursuing the Marathon.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jon KM8V

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 11:01 PM, Laurie, VK3AMA wrote:
You will need to adjust the B4 ignore date to the start of this year if you're pursuing the Marathon.
Does that really make sense though? I want it to show B4 unless it's needed for Marathon.

Jon KM8V

In fact, I want it to show B4 but highlight for Mararthon if it is needed.

Jon KM8V

Sorry for the short / curt reply earlier.

To be more clear (and polite), if the "ignore B4 prior to" date is set, then you lose all B4 visibility, not just for the Marathon tracking, which is very annoying. Things like Wanted Callsign alerts don't show if it is a B4 on that band/mode, etc.

Ideally, Marathon should highlight if it is wanted even if the station is B4, but indicate "B4" in the text, similar to how the Wanted Callsign functions when "Alert when decoded Callsign worked B4" is checked.

Could a similar checkbox / function be implemented for Marathon?

Love JT-Alert, couldn't live without it! In fact, the main reason I don't use JTDX is because the highlight-in-band-activity-window feature doesn't work with JTDX!

73 & Happy New Year de KM8V Jon