locked Older version

Mel - N7GCO - Cheney, WA

Is it possible to download an older version of JTAlert?
I didn't see how on the website.

Kevin k5vp

https://hamapps.com/JTAlert/

Near the bottom of the page.

Best regards,

Kevin Potter
k5vp

On Wed, Dec 2, 2020 at 10:00 PM Mel - N7GCO - Cheney, WA <teammel@...> wrote:
Is it possible to download an older version of JTAlert?
I didn't see how on the website.

neil_zampella

Why would you want to do that?   Wouldn't trying to get the current one working (the one with the latest fixes) be of more use?

Neil, KN3ILZ

Mark Robinson

I managed to go back to an earlier version by just running the earlier install file over the top of the later version. It all seemed to install OK.  Do you still have the earlier install file?

For the guy who asked why...the sound alerts would not work on the later version and I also had issues with the UDP not talking the DXlab so I went back to the fault free earlier version.

73 Mark N1UK

On 03-Dec-20 1:00 AM, Mel - N7GCO - Cheney, WA wrote:
Is it possible to download an older version of JTAlert?
I didn't see how on the website.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 4/12/2020 7:19 am, Mark Robinson wrote:
I managed to go back to an earlier version by just running the earlier install file over the top of the later version. It all seemed to install OK.  Do you still have the earlier install file?

For the guy who asked why...the sound alerts would not work on the later version and I also had issues with the UDP not talking the DXlab so I went back to the fault free earlier version.

73 Mark N1UK

That version is?

Regarding the sound problems, that is likely a UDP issue as well. JTAlert itself doesn't produce sounds, but sends a UDP command to the JTAlertV2.Manager.exe process which is responsible for playing all audio. JTAlert doesn't talk UDP to DXLab, that is purely DDE and TCPIP, and both of those are handled by the same manager process.

It sounds to me like your Protection software (what are you running?) didn't like the newer builds of JTAlert and was blocking all the network traffic to/from the Manager process. There is nothing I can do about overly aggressive or configured Protection software.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Mark Robinson

I am running 2.14.2 on a Windows 7 machine. I suspect that the newer versions of JTAlert don't support win 7 now.

I have tried disabling my ZoneAlarm a/v prog but it didn't help. On one occaision the sound and dx lab communication worked but the next time I ran JTAlert it had stopped working.  Probably a win 10 upgrade would fix these issues.

73 Mark N1UK

On 03-Dec-20 5:32 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
[...]

Tom Melvin

Mark

Just a FYI I am running 2.16.16 on a Windows 7 machine and is working fine.

I have not seen any feedback/announcements to say that JTAlert will no longer support (or proposed drop) of Win 7.

It will come at some point but it’s not now.

Will agree with Neil - don’t do back - use the current release, sent a support request in and work out what in your system is misconfigured. It may help with other applications you run.

Tom
GM8MJV

On 4/12/2020 11:23 am, Mark Robinson wrote:
I have tried disabling my ZoneAlarm a/v prog but it didn't help. On one occaision the sound and dx lab communication worked but the next time I ran JTAlert it had stopped working.  Probably a win 10 upgrade would fix these issues.

73 Mark N1UK
FYI,

ZoneAlarm has been problematic for some users in recent weeks. It is blocking ports without providing user notification.

Disabling ZoneAlarm will not correct any Firewall rules it has previously set and some of its modules remain running despite being in a disabled state.
One of the JTAlert Test Team had issues similar to yours, they were ultimately resolved by removing ZoneAlarm.
My suggestion is to check your firewall rules.

de Laurie VK3AMA