locked 2.16.16 crashes

Stuart, K2YYY

JTAlert has been crashing, so I installed 2.16.15 to see if it would help.  No crashes, so far.

It didn't happen when I first installed .16, so it could be a Windows update that changed something.

Attached is a screenshot of the error.

Thanks

Coy Day

Same here only mine said Line 39719.  Running Win 10 with WSJT-X v2.3.0-rc2 and latest DXLab.

--
Coy C Day, N5OK
20685 SW 29

Coy Day

I went back to version 2.16.15 and still get the error message.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 9:57 AM Coy Day <n5ok@...> wrote:
Same here only mine said Line 39719.  Running Win 10 with WSJT-X v2.3.0-rc2 and latest DXLab.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2020 at 4:35 PM Stuart, K2YYY <stuartliss@...> wrote:
JTAlert has been crashing, so I installed 2.16.15 to see if it would help.  No crashes, so far.

It didn't happen when I first installed .16, so it could be a Windows update that changed something.

Attached is a screenshot of the error.

Thanks

--
Coy C Day, N5OK
20685 SW 29
Union City, OK 73090
H(405) 483-5632 C(405) 448-2368

--
Coy C Day, N5OK
20685 SW 29
Union City, OK 73090
H(405) 483-5632 C(405) 448-2368

Coy Day

I just discovered that it was giving me the error in FT4 mode.  I switched to FT8 and it is working fine now with no errors and it is populating the array.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 10:19 AM Coy Day <n5ok@...> wrote:
[...]

That didn't last long.  Now I'm getting the error with FT8.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 10:37 AM Coy Day <n5ok@...> wrote:
[...]

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 4/12/2020 5:36 am, Coy Day wrote:
That didn't last long.  Now I'm getting the error with FT8.

Sorry, I don't have an answer at this time. I am unable to reproduce the defect. Part of the problem is that the line numbers in these errors are typically grossly incorrect and don't point at the true cause. There is likely a coding/logic error, but I haven't found it yet.

At this time, since you already tried 2.16.15, your best to downgrade JTAlert to 2.16.14

de Laurie VK3AMA

Stuart, K2YYY

It crashed in 2.16.15, so I reinstalled .14.

Coy Day

I saw that.  Mine still crashes with 14.  The program closes when you click on the error box.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 03:42 PM, Stuart, K2YYY wrote:
It crashed in 2.16.15, so I reinstalled .14.
It started crashing with .14, even though it worked w/o crashing today for over an hour before the first crash.

I checked the Event log and there are 2 messages:

PerfNet: Unable to open the Server service performance object. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the status code.
PerfLib: Windows cannot load the extensible counter DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\sysmain.dll" (Win32 error code The specified module could not be found.).

sysmain.dll exists, but is dated 12/04/2020.  I installed windows updates.  (The error happened before the 4th.)

Coy Day

Stuart,

It seems like this is not a common problem since others aren't speaking up about it.  In my case, I'm off the air with digital modes until I get this fixed.

I get the AutoIt Error box with Line 39719 of JTAlert.exe.  It says, "Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded."  When I check the OK box or X the window goes away and so does JTAlert.  If I let the program run with the Monitor turned off on WSJT-X it never crashes.  It only crashes when the callsign array is being populated

Perhaps there is something unique in our setup that is causing this.  It would be good to know what we have in common.

For me:  I'm using JTAlert with WSJT-X v2.3.0-rc2.  Also log with DXLabs DXKeeper latest version.  Using a Dell Optiplex 9010 running Win 10.

I've tried re-installing 2.16.16 but that doesn't help at all.  I'm at the point of deleting the HamApps folder and doing a completely new install.

Hope things are going better for you.

73, Coy

On Sat, Dec 5, 2020 at 12:47 PM Stuart, K2YYY <stuartliss@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Laurie.  I did downgrade to 2.16.14 and it still does the same thing.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 4:43 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 4/12/2020 5:36 am, Coy Day wrote:
That didn't last long.  Now I'm getting the error with FT8.

Sorry, I don't have an answer at this time. I am unable to reproduce the defect. Part of the problem is that the line numbers in these errors are typically grossly incorrect and don't point at the true cause. There is likely a coding/logic error, but I haven't found it yet.

At this time, since you already tried 2.16.15, your best to downgrade JTAlert to 2.16.14

Coy C Day, N5OK
20685 SW 29
Union City, OK 73090
H(405) 483-5632 C(405) 448-2368

Dennis

Edited

It's common enough that I was experiencing the exact same frustrating error message on an old, very tired, Win7 32bit machine, but didn't see this thread before I posted.  I already had its successor on the bench ready to go.  I'm not getting this error on a Win10 64bit install, and will be moving it to the shack presently.

Nothing I tried changed that error popping up on the old machine.
--
73, de N4QM

Dennis

I installed 2.17.17 just now hoping it would fix the crashing, and everything looked fine for about 10 minutes, and then
this happened:

Same error, different line number.  I'll be installing the new PC Tuesday so hopefully this will
be a thing of the past for me.
--
73, de N4QM

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 7/12/2020 4:33 am, Dennis wrote:
I'll be installing the new PC Tuesday so hopefully this will
be a thing of the past for me.
--
73, de N4QM
What Windows version are you currently running that you're getting this error? Is it an old Server version?

On 6/12/2020 11:45 am, Coy Day wrote:
I've tried re-installing 2.16.16 but that doesn't help at all.  I'm at the point of deleting the HamApps folder and doing a completely new install.

Hope things are going better for you.

73, Coy
Did that help, deleting the HamApps folder?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Coy Day

Laurie,

The short answer is no.  I tried upgrading to 2.16.17 first but that didn't help.  Next I ran the uninstall program and deleted the folder HamApps.  I did a new install of 1.16.17, the sound files and the callsign database.  It still comes up with the error.

It came up with almost all of my settings.  They must be kept in a separate folder somewhere.  If I knew where they were, I would try deleting them.

Not sure what to do now.  It seems strange that it will run without the error as long as no callsigns are being sent from WSJT-X.  When I turn the monitor back on or turn up the receive gain so that signals are being copied, it will populate the array several times before I get the error.

I appreciate your efforts!

73, Coy

On Sun, Dec 6, 2020 at 12:42 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 6/12/2020 11:45 am, Coy Day wrote:
> I've tried re-installing 2.16.16 but that doesn't help at all.  I'm at
> the point of deleting the HamApps folder and doing a completely new
> install.
>
> Hope things are going better for you.
>
> 73, Coy

Did that help, deleting the HamApps folder?

Coy C Day, N5OK
20685 SW 29
Union City, OK 73090
H(405) 483-5632 C(405) 448-2368

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 8/12/2020 12:29 pm, Coy Day wrote:
It came up with almost all of my settings.  They must be kept in a separate folder somewhere.  If I knew where they were, I would try deleting them.
The only setting JTAlert should have remembered after you removed the HamApps directory is your Callsign. All other settings will have defaulted. Sounds to me like you didn't delete the correct directory.

Use Windows File Explorer and navigate to %localappdata% then delete the HamApps directory.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Coy Day

Laurie,

Looks like that did the trick.  I went to C:\Users\n5ok\Appdata\Local and found the HamApps folder there and deleted it.  It has been running for about 30 minutes and not a single error.  I'm a happy camper!

I'll let it run all night here on 40m.  That should be a good test.

Thanks a bunch!

73, Coy

On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 8:27 PM Laurie, VK3AMA <hamapps.support@...> wrote:

On 8/12/2020 12:29 pm, Coy Day wrote:
> It came up with almost all of my settings.  They must be kept in a
> separate folder somewhere.  If I knew where they were, I would try
> deleting them.

The only setting JTAlert should have remembered after you removed the
HamApps directory is your Callsign. All other settings will have
defaulted. Sounds to me like you didn't delete the correct directory.

Use Windows File Explorer and navigate to %localappdata% then delete the
HamApps directory.

Coy C Day, N5OK
20685 SW 29
Union City, OK 73090
H(405) 483-5632 C(405) 448-2368

Dennis

Windows 7 32bit, 4gig RAM, approximately 150

73, de N4QM

On Sunday, December 6, 2020, 01:42:37 PM EST, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 7/12/2020 4:33 am, Dennis wrote:
> I'll be installing the new PC Tuesday so hopefully this will
> be a thing of the past for me.
> --
> 73, de N4QM

What Windows version are you currently running that you're getting this
error? Is it an old Server version?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Dennis

Just wanted to update what I did to eliminate my JTAlert crashes.  I uninstalled the program, deleted the
..\appdata\local\HamApps, folder, reinstalled 2.6.17, and reconfigured JTAlert.

Fingers crossed, no crashes in 90 minutes of use, had been failing about every third or fourth decode
cycle.
--
73, de N4QM