locked Why no JTAlert colors in JTDX?

Gordon Brown

Why doesn't JTALert color JTDX decodes like it does with WSJT-X?
WHen are you going to add that for us JTDX users?

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/11/2020 3:57 pm, Gordon Brown wrote:
Why doesn't JTALert color JTDX decodes like it does with WSJT-X?
WHen are you going to add that for us JTDX users?
Short answer. "likely never"

The JTDX people when they copied the original WSJT-X source code to produce their offering, removed the UDP code that allowed for coloring of decodes by 3rd party applications like JTAlert.

It is my understanding that the JTDX people have no intention of returning that functionality. I had to code into JTAlert explicit code to avoid sending those UDP coloring commands to JTDX as doing so crashes JTDX.

de Laurie VK3AMA

neil_zampella

That's a defect with the clone, not JT-Alert.

Neil, KN3ILZ

Gordon Brown

Colors are very important. Why did you remove the colors from JTDX? Please put the code back into JTDX asap. I need the colors!!!

Larry Banks

Hi Gordon,

You need to send this to the JTDX folk.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2020 14:03
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Why no JTAlert colors in JTDX?

Colors are very important. Why did you remove the colors from JTDX? Please put the code back into JTDX asap. I need the colors!!!

neil_zampella

Then stay with the original, WSJT-X.   The clone 'developers' removed the code in the WSJT-X code base they use, so there's nothing Laurie can do to bring it back.

Neil, KN3ILZ