locked Pig


Michael Black
 

What's the story with the spotted pig?  Does this mean anything anymore?  I guess there was something about too many spots being submitted or such?  Does it still mean anything?

Mike W9MDB



Fred
 

Well you have my attention.
I've never heard of this pig??

73
Fred KB4QZH


Michael Black
 

Apparently at sometime not too long ago it was bad to be a spotted pig...like too many spots or such...


Inline image





On Monday, November 2, 2020, 11:34:21 AM CST, Fred <fmoeves@...> wrote:


Well you have my attention.
I've never heard of this pig??

73
Fred KB4QZH


kk7h@...
 

If memory serves, it was the logo on the bottom of Laurie's Ham Spot page.  "Ham Spots" 
But I'm having a hard time remembering what I did  5 minutes ago.😁
73
de
Mike KK7H


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 3/11/2020 2:04 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
What's the story with the spotted pig?  Does this mean anything anymore?  I guess there was something about too many spots being submitted or such?  Does it still mean anything?

Mike W9MDB

The Spotted Pig is as relevant today as when it was first introduced.

"Spotted Pig" -> "Pig Spots"  -> "Ham Spots"

   

It is nothing more than a bit of fun (note the Pig is smiling).

de Laurie VK3AMA



David De Coons
 

Ham spots is one of the nice features to see where I am being heard around the world. Very cool. 

Dave wo2x

Sent from my waxed string and tin cans. 

On Nov 2, 2020, at 12:55 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:


On 3/11/2020 2:04 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
What's the story with the spotted pig?  Does this mean anything anymore?  I guess there was something about too many spots being submitted or such?  Does it still mean anything?

Mike W9MDB

The Spotted Pig is as relevant today as when it was first introduced.

"Spotted Pig" -> "Pig Spots"  -> "Ham Spots"

   
<hamspots.png>


It is nothing more than a bit of fun (note the Pig is smiling).

de Laurie VK3AMA