Topics

locked #FT8/JTAlert

Wes Elton

Hi All,
Can someone please advise where I can find the settings info that will enable received signal strength to appear beneath calls in the callsign display lines.
I've searched the help files but see anything relevant.

Cheers,

Wes.
GW3RIH.

Jim N6VH

On 10/22/2020 12:42 PM, Wes Elton wrote:
Hi All,
Can someone please advise where I can find the settings info that will enable received signal strength to appear beneath calls in the callsign display lines.
I've searched the help files but see anything relevant.

Cheers,

Wes.
GW3RIH.
Wes,

Go to Settings/Window. Click Show db (DXCC Name)

73,

Jim N6VH

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 23/10/2020 6:42 am, Wes Elton wrote:
Can someone please advise where I can find the settings info that will enable received signal strength to appear beneath calls in the callsign display lines.
I've searched the help files but see anything relevant.

Cheers,

Wes.
GW3RIH.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Wes Elton

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the info. Laurie has told me the same thing but within the window/decode settings there is no Extended Display/show db option☹!

I'm clearly missing something and have asked Laurie for further advice.

Stay sake OM.
73,
Wes.
GW3RIH

On 10/22/2020 12:42 PM, Wes Elton wrote:
Hi All,
Can someone please advise where I can find the settings info that will
enable received signal strength to appear beneath calls in the
callsign display lines.
I've searched the help files but see anything relevant.

Cheers,

Wes.
GW3RIH.
Wes,

Go to Settings/Window. Click Show db (DXCC Name)

73,

Jim N6VH

Wes Elton

Hi Laurie,

Many thanks for the speedy response.

I’m running JTAlert version 2.16.4.

Under Window/Decodes the page displayed only shows Enable Decodes which is checked with, at the bottom of the page, Display Options which are unchecked. Checking them doesn’t make the required change. There are no Extended Display options in view.

Apologies if I’m missing something obvious!

Regards,

Wes.GW3RIH.

Can someone please advise where I can find the settings info that will enable received signal strength to appear beneath calls in the callsign display lines.
I've searched the help files but see anything relevant.

Cheers,

Wes.
GW3RIH.

It's not under Decodes....it's on the Window menu -- the one with the red box around it.

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, October 23, 2020, 07:20:13 AM CDT, Wes Elton <wes@...> wrote:

[...]

Found it😊! I was making the mistake of clicking where your cursor was not on the word windows.

As ever, thanks for your help and for the superb JTAlert software.

Much appreciated.

Stay safe OM.

73,

Wes.

Can someone please advise where I can find the settings info that will enable received signal strength to appear beneath calls in the callsign display lines.
I've searched the help files but see anything relevant.

Cheers,

Wes.
GW3RIH.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Wes Elton

Hi Mike,

Got it😊!

Many thanks Mike, appreciate your help.

73,

Wes.

Can someone please advise where I can find the settings info that will enable received signal strength to appear beneath calls in the callsign display lines.
I've searched the help files but see anything relevant.

Cheers,

Wes.
GW3RIH.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Dave Garber

follow the order of opening
call up the settings, then manage settings.

scroll down the the + window.  do not click on the + symbol.  extended display options is on the right side, near the top

see image attached.
keep in mind, this is from version 2.16.14

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 8:20 AM Wes Elton <wes@...> wrote:
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the info. Laurie has told me the same thing but within the window/decode settings there is no Extended Display/show db option☹!

I'm  clearly missing something and have  asked Laurie for further advice.

Stay sake OM.
73,
Wes.
GW3RIH

On 10/22/2020 12:42 PM, Wes Elton wrote:
> Hi All,
> Can someone please advise where I can find the settings info that will
> enable received signal strength to appear beneath calls in the
> callsign display lines.
> I've searched the help files but see anything relevant.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Wes.
> GW3RIH.

Wes,

Go to Settings/Window. Click Show db (DXCC Name)

73,

Jim N6VH

Wes Elton

Thanks Dave, I’d misunderstood Laurie’s instructions!

All working well now.

73,

Wes.

GW3RIH

On 10/22/2020 12:42 PM, Wes Elton wrote:
> Hi All,
> Can someone please advise where I can find the settings info that will
> enable received signal strength to appear beneath calls in the
> callsign display lines.
> I've searched the help files but see anything relevant.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Wes.
> GW3RIH.

Wes,

Go to Settings/Window. Click Show db (DXCC Name)

73,

Jim N6VH

Dave Garber

glad to help...