Topics

locked JTalert "First QSO" permanently

Jean-Claude F1DSZ

Hello to all
I am using JTalert version 2.16.13, and I've noticed for some time that when I contact a station, JTDX tells me
B4 signal but JTalert always announces "First QSO" permanently....view attachment.
A parameter would be at fault.
Thank you for your answer J. Claude F1DSZ

Michael Black

Have you done a scan & rebuild of the JTAlert database?

Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 09:20:56 AM CDT, Jean-Claude F1DSZ <f1dsz@...> wrote:

Hello to all
I am using JTalert version 2.16.13, and I've noticed for some time that when I contact a station, JTDX tells me
B4 signal but JTalert always announces "First QSO" permanently....view attachment.
A parameter would be at fault.
Thank you for your answer J. Claude F1DSZ

Jean-Claude F1DSZ

Yes I made a reconstruction of the database.
but how to make an analysis ?
  Thank you J. Cl. F1DSZ

Dave Garber

double check that the station is using the same grid as you had worked him before.  I have had a few times where this happens, especially if they use multi qth's...

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 10:47 AM Jean-Claude F1DSZ <f1dsz@...> wrote:
Yes I made a reconstruction of the database.
but how to make an analysis ?
  Thank you J. Cl. F1DSZ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 24/09/2020 12:20 am, Jean-Claude F1DSZ wrote:
I am using JTalert version 2.16.13, and I've noticed for some time that when I contact a station, JTDX tells me
B4 signal but JTalert always announces "First QSO" permanently....view attachment.
A parameter would be at fault.
Thank you for your answer J. Claude F1DSZ

What you describe will occur if your logbook is empty or missing.
Do you have JTAlert set to use the correct (current active) HRD logbook. You may have it set to an old logbook.

On 24/09/2020 12:24 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
Have you done a scan & rebuild of the JTAlert database?

FYI,

A Rebuild Database operation does not affect the QSO History data of a Callsign. It is used for updating the needed entities for the Alerts.

Status messages like "First QSO" don't involve the Alert Database, they come from a direct read of the users Log.

de Laurie VK3AMA