Topics

locked System monitor tray icon

Mike N8FRI

Not too long ago someone in this group suggested a freeware system resource monitor that included a tray icon to track program memory usage.
I lost that program and cannot remember its name.  Can anyone refresh my memory?
Mike N8FRI

Marion D. Kitchens

Look for something called TrayStatus  -- I think.  That is what it is called after installation on my computer.

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 17:03:57 -0700 "Mike N8FRI" <mmhorn@...> writes:

Not too long ago someone in this group suggested a freeware system resource monitor that included a tray icon to track program memory usage.
I lost that program and cannot remember its name.  Can anyone refresh my memory?
Mike N8FRI

ROBERT NORRIS

Try System Explorer. Not sure it is what you are looking for but it does show you what is going on with your system and its memory.

Bob  AK5U

Look for something called TrayStatus  -- I think.  That is what it is called after installation on my computer.

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 17:03:57 -0700 "Mike N8FRI" <mmhorn@...> writes:

Not too long ago someone in this group suggested a freeware system resource monitor that included a tray icon to track program memory usage.
I lost that program and cannot remember its name.  Can anyone refresh my memory?
Mike N8FRI

TomK

Not too long ago someone in this group suggested a freeware system resource monitor that included a tray icon

A 3rd party apps would indeed be needed but is typically limited to a single metric.  Memory? CPU? Disk? Network?

But if you really want detailed info to debug app issues … How about good old Windows Task Manager?

For a more graphical display, there is always Windows Resource Monitor.

They are what’s really needed to diagnose issues with specific apps.

In the case of my HEAVILY loaded system, a brute force singular sys-tray metric would be useless. I run at max all the time 😉

To find them, just type in their app names in your Windows search box (next to Windows icon - bottom left)

When Windows displays the app in its search results, right-click it then [Add to Taskbar].

I have both there. A quick click now and then tells me everything.

TomK ~ KT1TK ~ 73

Look for something called TrayStatus  -- I think.  That is what it is called after installation on my computer.

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 17:03:57 -0700 "Mike N8FRI" <mmhorn@...> writes:

Not too long ago someone in this group suggested a freeware system resource monitor that included a tray icon to track program memory usage.
I lost that program and cannot remember its name.  Can anyone refresh my memory?
Mike N8FRI

Mike N8FRI

Task manager is fine but takes a few mouse clicks to get to the usage information.  I found exactly what I was looking for in a freeware program called "MemInfo".
I want to be able to right click a tray icon and be able to see all present programs running and the memory utilized by each.  It also features a bar graph with total memory percentage being used.  Very nice for a quick check while running JTDX/JTAlert.
Thanks, Mike N8FRI

TomK

   “I found exactly what I was looking for in a freeware program called ‘MemInfo’.”

Thanks for sharing the memory loading system-tray utility you found.

Seems like it might be of interest to some users. I’ll check it out as well.

KT1TK TomK 73