Topics

locked Decodes window and chrome remote desktop

rogich@...

As soon as I remote DT into my win 10 box, decode window crashes with an exception when I click on it remotely. Says clipboard operation failed.
Everything else is ok.
2.16.13, win 10 home 1909, RD 1.5, other end is Android 9 S6 tablet (also crashes on S10e). Nov 5,2019 version.
Also crashes on MacBook Air 2017 with Edge or Chrome extension.
Not a big issue. Just fyi

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/09/2020 8:49 am, rogich via groups.io wrote:
As soon as I remote DT into my win 10 box, decode window crashes with an exception when I click on it remotely. Says clipboard operation failed.
Everything else is ok.
2.16.13, win 10 home 1909, RD 1.5, other end is Android 9 S6 tablet (also crashes on S10e). Nov 5,2019 version.
Also crashes on MacBook Air 2017 with Edge or Chrome extension.
Not a big issue. Just fyi

I remote desktop into my Ham PC 99.9% of the time, I rarely sit in front of the PC, without this problem. Admittedly I am not using Chrome. I am not sure what could be the cause. This is the first report I have received of this behavior.

How long since you restarted your Win10PC?

What part of the Decodes window are you clicking on?

Please post a capture of the error message window. That will help with diagnosis.

de Laurie VK3AMA

rogich@...

I reboot win 10 every few days. Rebooted again no difference. Anywhere on decode window crashes it.
I also restart jtalert every time it crashes just decode window.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/09/2020 11:47 pm, rogich via groups.io wrote:
Anywhere on decode window crashes it.

I also restart jtalert every time it crashes just decode window.

Thanks for posting the actual error, that helped isolate the problem.

A google search confirms this common problem with Chrome and other VNC type apps.

I have modified the code to capture the error and perform a retry when pasting the decodes callsign onto the clipboard. Check your email (in about an hour) I will send a new JTAlert build to test.

Also, when this happens, there is no need to restart JTAlert. The Decodes window is a standalone executable so you only need to reopen it from JTAlert.

Laurie,
My LOTWQSL application started getting this error not too long ago.

A couple of solutions are here

Mike