Topics

locked JTAlerts - WSJT-X communications failure

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 13/09/2020 11:23 pm, Mike Cooper wrote:
Thank for the info 239.255.0.0 is working. I did have it set to 192.168.0.17 and that had been working since this past January up until yesterday. I tried 192.168.0.8 but that did not work,as well. If the firewall is blocking that I have been unable to find out how to fix it.

Thanks
73

Mike - W7OSG

Mike,

Thanks for reporting that using multicast is working.

JTAlert doesn't listen to specific IP addresses, it listens to all addresses defined on your PC network interface.
My guess is that
192.168.0.17 and 192.168.0.8 while being valid for your local Lan, my not be defined for your PC network interface.

On 13/09/2020 3:05 am, g4wjs wrote:

either JTAlert is not listening for connections on your local subnet (192.168.0/8) or your firewall is blocking it. Since JTAlert requires that WSJT-X be run on the same host as itself you should use either 127.0.0.1 or better still a suitable multicast group IP address like 239.255.0.0. Set that in WSJT-X "Settings->Reporting->UDP Server".

Bill
G4WJS.
Bill,

My guess it is a firewall/pc protection issue.

JTAlert doesn't listen to any explicit IP, or subnet. The socket binds to a local endpoint using IPAddress.Any
The relevant code...
var localEp = new IPEndPoint(IPAddress.Any, port);
serverSocket.Bind(localEp);
de Laurie VK3AMA

John L. Broughton

I was having this problem with v. 2.16.6, so I re-installed v. 2.16.5 and the problem disappeared.

One problem I have had with most all versions is, for some reason, the voice notification function stops or doesn't work at startup. I test the voice alert function to make sure it isn't working, then, I just close and reopen the program. That usually fixes it, but one or two times I had to do it twice. It is a little annoying, but not a major concern for me.

73,

John, WB9VGJ

On 9/12/2020 9:56 AM, Michael wrote:
I get the following error message The JTAlerts help file and the "About"  for 2.16.13 listing do  not match so I cannot see what is wrong. Windows ten updated last week to the listing below

Mike W7OSG

Mike Cooper

Bill,

Thank for the info 239.255.0.0 is working. I did have it set to 192.168.0.17 and that had been working since this past January up until yesterday. I tried 192.168.0.8 but that did not work,as well. If the firewall is blocking that I have been unable to find out how to fix it.

Thanks
73

Mike - W7OSG

g4wjs

On 12/09/2020 17:56, Michael wrote:
I get the following error message The JTAlerts help file and the "About" for 2.16.13 listing do  not match so I cannot see what is wrong. Windows ten updated last week to the listing below
Hi Michael,

either JTAlert is not listening for connections on your local subnet (192.168.0/8) or your firewall is blocking it. Since JTAlert requires that WSJT-X be run on the same host as itself you should use either 127.0.0.1 or better still a suitable multicast group IP address like 239.255.0.0. Set that in WSJT-X "Settings->Reporting->UDP Server".

Bill
G4WJS.

Michael