Topics

locked JtAlert call sign colors

Gerald Klotz

Ok guys I was stupid and tried to make things easier for me and change some colors for different countries I wanted and such.
i do t see one green call now. How can I reset this back to original and enjoy using it the way it was before I went and fiddled with it.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/09/2020 5:42 am:
Ok guys I was stupid and tried to make things easier for me and change some colors for different countries I wanted and such.
i do t see one green call now. How can I reset this back to original and enjoy using it the way it was before I went and fiddled with it.
OM,

Provided it has not been more than 7 days since you made the breaking changes, this easiest solution is to restore a backup of the JTAlert config file.

Open the Help file to the "Troubleshooting -> Setting Changes Not Remembered" section and follow steps 1 to 5. They cover restoring a backup of the config file.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Gerald Klotz

It’s has been longer than that. I have been reading and trying to figure it out without changing more things. I finally decided to swallow some pride and ask.

Gerry Klotz

On 10/09/2020 5:42 am:

On 10/09/2020 6:07 am, Gerald Klotz wrote:
It’s has been longer than that. I have been reading and trying to figure it out without changing more things. I finally decided to swallow some pride and ask.

Gerry Klotz

You only option is to start JTAlert without a config file which will cause all existing settings to be lost and to be reset to their defaults.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Gerald Klotz

Laurie before I go and mess anything else up, do I delete that via the software or is it a file I need to located in a folder?

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/09/2020 2:49 am, Gerald Klotz wrote:
Laurie before I go and mess anything else up, do I delete that via the software or is it a file I need to located in a folder?
You have to manually delete the config file after first stopping JTAlert.

Refer to my original post https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/31591
The help file topic referenced in that post tells you where your config file is located.

de Laurie VK3AMA