Topics

locked IC 7000 and Signal Link #FT8 - CAT Control fails #FT8

Angryconservative

Good evening....

I have ran WSJT-X and JT Alert from what seems the beginning.... Love the software.....  I run an IC 7000 with a west mountain plug and play due to the features, being it is compact and mobile as I have set it up as a Mobile EMCOMM system in a 1510 Pelican.  it is my primary digital unit for mobility..  I recently changed the West Mountain to a Signal Link for a couple of reasons...  I wanted to remove the dedication of the radio using the PC sound card and wanted to switch to a standard that all of my digital software assets.

The Problem is...as I configured each software package.... First FLDIGI, then Winlink...Cat control was very easy... and adjustments to power output to the platform was equally easy....

But with WSJT....all of it started out rather easy... RX/TX and PPT control etc...initially setting the Radio control to VOX as was required.  Once the Audio settings was set, FT8 was rolling... clean and easy.  Net step was to setup the CAT control... ICOM radio...  COM port the USB cable to the CAT control port on the back of the radio....  WSJT saw the com port, 8,2, none.  basically the same settings as the plug an play.... worked great for about two days...   I was on 40, the radio would try and click over the 20 meter without my input... CAT control stopped working, trying to change frequencies completely rendered my station unusable... Somehow the condition led to the dreaded error...*INI file not being found, HAMLIB error etc....I ended up having to reinstall WSJT-X and set the radio without CAT controls...it is working but without any CAT control...

But, FLDIGI and Winlink continue to work without any issue.

I am running the latest version of WSJT-X 2.2.2 and JTALERT all drivers updated on Windows 10....

If anyone has any idea's as to why one day it works, then next it stops, it would be appreciated

m_scot_alex

Name? Callsign?

JTAlert has nothing to do with rig control - that's entirely in WSJT-X. You might want to post this in the WSJT-X group:

https://wsjtx.groups.io/g/main/topics

73,

Mike - N8MSA

B. Smith

Wsjt-x is more sensitive to RFI. Get some ferrite beads and or a feedline choke.