locked Three Screen Shot Examples of Seemingly Inconsistent Wanted Grid Alerts in JTAlert

Chuck Adams

Preliminary Disclaimer:  I am a BIG, BIG fan of JTAlert!  It makes using WSJT-X a JOY!  Bless you Laurie!

My Current Computer Environment:  All latest versions and updates of:  Windows 10, WSJT-X, JTAlert.

Specific/Relevant JTAlert Setting:  Wanted Grid Tracking set to:  ANY BAND and ANY MODE

Issue Description:  JTAlert "seems" to give me incorrect NEW GRID ALERTS even on stations that have:

  1. Been successfully worked and logged one or more times
  2. Show up in the WSJT-X log correctly
  3. Valid Grid Numbers in the WSJT-X logs for each QSO

Example 1:  N3MK has already been successfully worked and logged three (3) times.  It appears in the WSJT-X log correctly (including the Grid Square FM27 ).

Yet JTAlert shows N3MK as a NEW GRID with a B4 flag no less.

How can this be?

Example 2:  6E6E has been successfully worked and logged twice.  It appears in the WSJT-X log correctly (including the Grid Square EK09).

Yet JTAlert shows 6E6E as a NEW GRID

How can this be?

Example 3:  Same scenario.  How can this be?

Am I missing something here?

This seems to be an inconsistent processing of Grid Square data and/or incorrect Wanted Grid Alerts.

HELP!

Thanks and 73,

Chuck Adams
KV4VT