locked Lost my Bearings

WB8ASI Herb

There are NO bearings showing up in my Decodes Window even tho the Grids do appear.  I'm not seeing the Bearings or Grids either when I hover over the Callsign on the Main Window, which I think used to appear there.  Not exactly sure when this started.  I'm not at my homebase station, and have no antenna to turn at my current location.  Just noticed this yesterday after updating to 2.16.11, but it may have been missing earlier.  Restarting and rebooting did not change things.  Thanks, 73, Herb WB8ASI

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/08/2020 1:49 am, WB8ASI Herb wrote:
There are NO bearings showing up in my Decodes Window even tho the Grids do appear.  I'm not seeing the Bearings or Grids either when I hover over the Callsign on the Main Window, which I think used to appear there.  Not exactly sure when this started.  I'm not at my homebase station, and have no antenna to turn at my current location.  Just noticed this yesterday after updating to 2.16.11, but it may have been missing earlier.  Restarting and rebooting did not change things.  Thanks, 73, Herb WB8ASI

Check that you have your Gridsquare set with JTAlert. Check the Station Callsign section of the Settings window. If you change or add a new grid you will need to restart JTAlert.

de Laurie VK3AMA

WB8ASI Herb

Thanks Laurie.  You nailed it.  Not sure how my Gridsquare file got wiped out.  Maybe I never got it reset correctly when moving locations, but think JTA alerts me that there is a mismatch of my gridsquare from my WSJT-X config and my Station Callsign info in JTA.   Had some updates lately too, that might have reset it.  Anyways All is well again, and now I know where to look if it ever happens again.  Keep up the good work.  73, Herb WB8ASI