Topics

locked Decodes problem

I am running JTAlert 2.16.10. When I bring up the JTAlert app at least half the time the decodes window does not populate. If  I close the app and then immediately bring it up again the decodes window is populated or starts to populate. I have let it go unpopulated for 20 minutes or more and it still doesn't populate without restarting the app. Not the worse problem in the world but still a nuisance .
Any ideas,
John  NA6Y

Joseph Baker <joebaker324@...>

Maybe check if your clock is in sync. I use Nettime myself which works for me. Could be your pc clock is out and can’t properly catch the decodes.

--
Sent from iPhone 8 Plus

B. Smith

The left half of the WSJT-X screen is the decode window. I do not use JTAlert for decodes. IMHO there is no reason to do so.
73, Bill n3xl

On Jul 30, 2020 16:54, John Scheuer <na6y@...> wrote:
I am running JTAlert 2.16.10. When I bring up the JTAlert app at least half the time the decodes window does not populate. If  I close the app and then immediately bring it up again the decodes window is populated or starts to populate. I have let it go unpopulated for 20 minutes or more and it still doesn't populate without restarting the app. Not the worse problem in the world but still a nuisance .
Any ideas,
John  NA6Y

WB5JJJ - George

The biggest advantage for JTA is the AUDIO ALERTS that are no available in WSJTx.  I seldom use the JTA grid as, as you said, the same information is in the Band Activity window in WSJTx.  But the B4 indicators and LoTW indicators are a definite plus as they give me a heads up whether to work a station or not.
--
73's
George - WB5JJJ

WB8ASI Herb

This has worked for me for problems with the Decodes Window....Per Laurie.......Probably the easiest fix is to delete the decodes database before starting JTAlert. You should only need to do this the once. Delete all files with a name starting with "decodes", there may be up to 3 files. In the following directory %localappdata%\HamApps\JTAlert\YOUR_CALLSIGN\Decode\

Herb, How do I get to that address?

Michael Black

Type this address in your search bar -- you should see your callsign, click on it, then click on Decodes, then right-click decodes.sqlite and select Delete.

%localappdata%\HamApps\JTAlert

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, July 31, 2020, 07:32:18 AM CDT, John <na6y34@...> wrote:

Herb, How do I get to that address?

Mike, I see 3 "decodes. sqlite" .bak, .shm and .wal,  should I delete all 3?

John   NA6Y

Michael Black

You need to shut down JTAlert first.
And yes..you can delete all of those if they still hang around.

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, July 31, 2020, 08:29:58 AM CDT, John <na6y34@...> wrote:

Mike, I see 3 "decodes. sqlite" .bak, .shm and .wal,  should I delete all 3?

John   NA6Y

Tnx Mike. I went in and deleted what was there and opened JTAlert, no problem. Whether that helped or not remains to be seen since it didn't happen all the time. Anyway I really appreciate it.

73's and stay safe,
John  NA6Y

WB8ASI Herb

John.    Probably C:\\Users\John???\AppData\Local\HamApps\JTAlert\YOUR_CALLSIGN\Decode\