locked Windows notification sounds

Joe <joe.baker324@...>

I have a problem with this update

"Windows notification sounds: Used by some JTAlert popup messages, like logging success/failure, have been replaced with a dedicated sound file/volume selection. See the "Alerts -> Miscellaneous Alerts Windows Notifications" section of the Settings window."

The same sound comes in even if you have a "failure" which does not catch my attention if a QSO fails to log while I'm looking at another screen. Also why wasn't there an option to keep the old windows alert, at least it played a different tone for failure or at the very least you could have added a separate alert for failure within the same menu.

I’ve had to go back to version 2.16.8 for now.

Ron W3RJW

Edited

2.16.9

Along these same lines I now get both the "windows Notification" sound and the "Text Message" sound when a text message comes in, one after the other.

If I turn off the " Windows Notification" sound then I get just the correct 'Text Message' alert and no log success sound.

And I agree Log success and failure should have different user selectable sounds.
Ron, W3RJW

Joe <joe.baker324@...>

You got more than me Ron, I got no sounds at all, had to go in and manually change to a sound from the sound files, but as I say, it's no good having the same sound for both a successful QSO log and and a failed QSO log. Old version back in for me until something changes.

Ron W3RJW

Confirm everything fixed with Beta build.  Tnx Laurie!
Ron, W3RJW

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 23/07/2020 2:10 am, Ron W3RJW via groups.io wrote:
Along these same lines I now get both the "windows Notification" sound and the "Text Message" sound when a text message comes in, one after the other.
That's a defect. Already corrected for the next release.

On 23/07/2020 5:13 am, Joe wrote:
it's no good having the same sound for both a successful QSO log and and a failed QSO log

The next JTAlert release has individual sounds for "Errors & Warnings" and "Success & Notifications" .

de Laurie VK3AMA