Topics

locked Statistic Window

Tom Melvin

Version 2.16.9

Been playing, looked at the Decodes -> View -> Statistics Window

No figures there at all - every figure in all 4 categories is 0

I take it this is not normal. First time in couple of years I have actually looked at it.

Regards

Tom

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

Tom Melvin

Follow-up  - just went and clicked View -> Number of records and upped it to 500 - woosh the Statistics window populated.
Switched off View Statistics - Back on again - all back to zero - changed number of records or hit refresh the stats populated.

Looks like 1st time screen displayed shows nothing - whatever forces a refresh clears it will next time.

Tom

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

On 20 Jul 2020, at 17:37, Tom Melvin <tom@...> wrote:

Version 2.16.9

Been playing, looked at the Decodes -> View -> Statistics Window

No figures there at all - every figure in all 4 categories is 0

I take it this is not normal. First time in couple of years I have actually looked at it.

Regards

Tom

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 21/07/2020 2:42 am, Tom Melvin wrote:
Follow-up  - just went and clicked View -> Number of records and upped it to 500 - woosh the Statistics window populated.
Switched off View Statistics - Back on again - all back to zero - changed number of records or hit refresh the stats populated.

Looks like 1st time screen displayed shows nothing - whatever forces a refresh clears it will next time.

Tom

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

Tom,

The number of viewed records should not affect the Statistics display. I always run with 100. I suspect a timing issue.

Unfortunately, the code base for the Decodes window, originally ported over from the ongoing JTAlertV3 project has become obsolete and is no longer receiving any significant updates or feature additions, only defect fixes if they don't involve significant code changes. Eventually the new JTAlertV3 version of the Decodes window will be ported over to JTAlertV2, but there is no ETA on that.

On 21/07/2020 2:37 am, Tom Melvin wrote:
No figures there at all - every figure in all 4 categories is 0

I take it this is not normal.
Tom,

Your correct, it is not normal. On first display all counts will be zero but they get updated as the statistics gathering code, run on an independent thread, starts returning results. It is unclear why your not initially getting results.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Tom Melvin

Thanks Laurie

Heck no rush at all from me - it’s the 1st time in 2-3 years of using JTA that I looked at that option.

Just reporting it in case it was significant.

Tom

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

On 20 Jul 2020, at 23:29, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

[...]

WB8ASI Herb

Mine always shows all zeros.  Tried changing the number of records, but still all zeros.  How do you turn it on?  Thanks 73 Herb WB8ASI

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 21/07/2020 12:17 pm, WB8ASI Herb wrote:
Mine always shows all zeros.  Tried changing the number of records, but still all zeros.  How do you turn it on?  Thanks 73 Herb WB8ASI

Herb,

Is the Decodes window being updated while the Statistics is not?
How big is your decoded database (number of records)?

Probably the easiest fix is to delete the decodes database before starting JTAlert. You should only need to do this the once. Delete all files with a name starting with "decodes", there may be up to 3 files. In the following directory %localappdata%\HamApps\JTAlert\YOUR_CALLSIGN\Decode\

de Laurie VK3AMA

WB8ASI Herb

Thanks Laurie.  Deleting the "decodes" files did the trick.  I keep my decodes database set for 100 records.  Really don't keep an eye on the Statics, but noticed it was stuck with Zeros after reading this thread.  I've had a couple occasions where deleting the "decodes" files turning out to be the fix.  It would be nice if there was a "reset" choice maybe under the Decodes Window "view" tab that could delete them without drilling down thru the localappdata path.  Thanks again for a great piece of software.  73, Herb WB8ASI

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 23/07/2020 12:05 am, WB8ASI Herb wrote:
I've had a couple occasions where deleting the "decodes" files turning out to be the fix.  It would be nice if there was a "reset" choice maybe under the Decodes Window "view" tab that could delete them without drilling down thru the localappdata path.

Herb,

Unless your keen to keep the decodes from previous JTAlert sessions visible, set the Decodes window (via its Settings menu) to delete all records on startup. Under-the-hood, JTAlert simply deletes the database file and creates a new file rather than executing an sql query to delete all records.

If you want the decodes from the last JTAlert session to be available (so the above is not suitable) and need a quick way to delete the database when it appears to be malfunctioning, do the above, restart the Decodes window and then change the startup option back to your original setting.

de Laurie VK3AMA