locked Scan Log and Rebuild Kills my 'Wanted Settings'

Richard Bertrand Larson

I use jtalert with LOTW and aclog. After a Scan Log and Rebuild I must use the apply function then save for an update to my wanted list.

Rick KD0XD

On 7/16/2020 4:46 PM, scubajosh77 via groups.io wrote:
I'm going to start off this with a disclaimer that I'm brand new to JTAlert as of yesterday so it may very well be that I don't understand something correctly.  I'm using it with JTDX.  I have an .adif log setup specifically for JTAlert.  When I log a QSO with a new state, it doesn't remove it from my wanted list.  Also I tried to 'Scan Log and Rebuild' the JTAlert .adif file thinking that was how to update the wanted lists against the log, but doing so reset all of my wanted settings.  Have I mis-configured something?  I thought the whole point of the wanted lists was to keep track of your completed QSO goals?

scubajosh77@...

That was it Laurie!  Thank you so much!  Doesn't make a lick of sense but it works LOL!

73
Josh
KN4VDR

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 17/07/2020 11:06 am, scubajosh77 via groups.io wrote:
Yes, I downloaded my LoTW QSL .adif.  There's something not working with the JTAlert confirmation as it ties into the Wanted Alerts.  I can see the actual LoTW confirmation data in my .adif file and JTAlert isn't recognizing it for some reason.

Josh, KN4VDR

If your using an LoTW sourced ADIF file you need to use the "Card" checkbox for the QSL confirmation type for the Scans.

LoTW adif files, DON"T use the standard adif <LOTW_QSL_RCVD> field despite the file containing Lotw confirmed QSOs, they use the <QSL_RCVD> field normally used to indicate card confirmations.

Open the adif file in a text editor and you will note there are NO <
LOTW_QSL_RCVD> fields in the data.

de Laurie VK3AMA

scubajosh77@...

Yes, I downloaded my LoTW QSL .adif.  There's something not working with the JTAlert confirmation as it ties into the Wanted Alerts.  I can see the actual LoTW confirmation data in my .adif file and JTAlert isn't recognizing it for some reason.

Josh, KN4VDR

Larry Banks

Have you downloaded your LoTW confirmations and put them in your log, by whatever method your log requires?

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2020 20:54
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Scan Log and Rebuild Kills my 'Wanted Settings'

Thank you, I think I understand partially now.  If I select the No QSL Confirmation in the Scan menu it reflects the QSOs I've worked.  What I don't understand is if I don't select it and have LoTW selected as a confirmation source, it doesn't accurately reflect my QSLs on LoTW.

g4wjs

On 17/07/2020 02:00, scubajosh77 via groups.io wrote:
I merged my WSJT-X and LoTW .adif files using ADIFMerge.exe specifically for JTAlert use.  Then checked them for errors with ADIFMaster.
Josh,

I believe the LoTW ADIF export doesn't use the LoTW QSL confirmed field  to show a match, I believe it uses the field that is normally used to confirm a QSL by a paper card.

Bill
G4WJS.

Larry Banks

Hi Scubajosh77 (name?  call?)

Are you responding to my earlier comment?  Without the thread I don’t know.

But if you are, once you have confirmed calls in the log you are using for the Scan and Update process, they will be recognized IF you have the proper attributes set in the Scan & Update fields.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2020 20:48

So the Wanted Alerts are based on QSL, QSO?  And what method is used to confirm the contacts?  I only QSL via QRZ and LotW.  And my QSL/confirmed contacts in either database aren't reflected in my JTAlert Wanted Alerts?

scubajosh77@...

On 17/07/2020 01:54, scubajosh77 via groups.io wrote:
Thank you, I think I understand partially now.  If I select the No QSL Confirmation in the Scan menu it reflects the QSOs I've worked.  What I don't understand is if I don't select it and have LoTW selected as a confirmation source, it doesn't accurately reflect my QSLs on LoTW.
Josh,

what is the source of your ADIF log?

Bill
G4WJS.

scubajosh77@...

On 17/07/2020 01:48, scubajosh77 via groups.io wrote:
So the Wanted Alerts are based on QSL, QSO?  And what method is used to confirm the contacts?  I only QSL via QRZ and LotW.  And my QSL/confirmed contacts in either database aren't reflected in my JTAlert Wanted Alerts?
Josh,

you set your own criteria for a confirmation in the "Scan Log and Rebuild" settings.

Bill
G4WJS.

scubajosh77@...

*based on QSL, not QSO?

scubajosh77@...

So the Wanted Alerts are based on QSL, QSO?  And what method is used to confirm the contacts?  I only QSL via QRZ and LotW.  And my QSL/confirmed contacts in either database aren't reflected in my JTAlert Wanted Alerts?

Larry Banks

Not until it’s confirmed.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2020 20:37

Thank you for the response.  But that does not explain how I can log a QSO with someone in New Mexico for example, and then run the Scan Log and Rebuild function, and New Mexico shows up on my Wanted List for the same band.  If I log a QSO with a State, DXCC, etc. shouldn't it be removed from my want alerts when I do the Scan and Rebuild?

Josh, KN4VDR

scubajosh77@...

On 17/07/2020 7:46 am, scubajosh77 via groups.io wrote:
I'm going to start off this with a disclaimer that I'm brand new to JTAlert as of yesterday so it may very well be that I don't understand something correctly.  I'm using it with JTDX.  I have an .adif log setup specifically for JTAlert.  When I log a QSO with a new state, it doesn't remove it from my wanted list.  Also I tried to 'Scan Log and Rebuild' the JTAlert .adif file thinking that was how to update the wanted lists against the log, but doing so reset all of my wanted settings.  Have I mis-configured something?  I thought the whole point of the wanted lists was to keep track of your completed QSO goals?

OM (Name?, Callsign?),

The Scan Log & Rebuild will rebuild your Wanted Alert lists based on the QSOs in your Log. It is not an update so any manual changes you have made will be lost due to the rebuild. There is no need to perform manual updates of the lists if your using JTAlert with a Log. Just hit the Scan, the process is automatic.

de Laurie VK3AMA

scubajosh77@...