Topics

locked Repeating JTAlerT fauilure in multy instance use #JTDX

asobel@...

I am using Flex 6600 radio, SmartSDR v3.1.12 and 4 instances of WSJT-X v2.2.1 and JTAlert v2.16.8. Every few hours one of the instances of JTAlert does fail in a meaner you can see in the attached photo such that I have to restart it. This is a long time issue on which I did complain in the past. Your help is welcome.

Amos 4X4MF
.

Jim Cooper

On 21 Jun 2020 at 11:46, asobel@... wrote:

> I am using Flex 6600 radio, SmartSDR
> v3.1.12 and 4 instances of WSJT-X
> v2.2.1 and JTAlert v2.16.8. Every
> few hours one of the instances of
> JTAlert does fail in a meaner you
> can see in the attached photo such
> that I have to restart it. This is a
> long time issue on which I did
> complain in the past. Your help is
> welcome.

Your #3 instance seems to be displaying
in Hebrew, rather than English ...  the
location of the stop [x] and the music icon
are reversed; part of the title is in Hebrew
ONLY on that instance.  And the [x] stop
box in left corner is red, where the other
three are not ...

Maybe that will point you in the right direction.

w2jc

graphic

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 22/06/2020 4:46 am, asobel@... wrote:
I am using Flex 6600 radio, SmartSDR v3.1.12 and 4 instances of WSJT-X v2.2.1 and JTAlert v2.16.8. Every few hours one of the instances of JTAlert does fail in a meaner you can see in the attached photo such that I have to restart it. This is a long time issue on which I did complain in the past. Your help is welcome.

Amos 4X4MF

Sorry, a single instance failure out of 4 instances will be impossible to diagnose or fix. With no error message to examine, I am in the dark. Your only reliable option in this situation is to restart all JTAlert instances after making sure that there are non still shown in task manager  as the instance that stopped responding is very likely still listed in task manager.

I have never seen the window title bar being horizontally flipped like that.

de Laurie VK3AMA