Topics

locked Error Message #FT8 LOG4OM LOGGING #FT8

Fred Collins

I receive the attached error message every time I log a qso using JTALERT (2.16.6) and LOG4OM. The qso's are being logged into LOG4OM and show in the "resent qso's"  immediately  I have changed the "delay" time all the way up to 20 seconds.. I see nothing unusual in CPU usage during the logging. Does anyone know of any other settings that might be causing this error message.
Any assistance would be appreciated
Fred W1FC 

Michael Black

You likely don't have the correct sqlite database file in JTAlert's Log4OM configuration.

Mike W9MDB

On Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 05:51:43 AM CDT, Fred Collins via groups.io <w1fc@...> wrote:

I receive the attached error message every time I log a qso using JTALERT (2.16.6) and LOG4OM. The qso's are being logged into LOG4OM and show in the "resent qso's"  immediately  I have changed the "delay" time all the way up to 20 seconds.. I see nothing unusual in CPU usage during the logging. Does anyone know of any other settings that might be causing this error message.
Fred W1FC 

Amir K9CHP

I had the same alert appear logging with ACLog (VHF contest version), yet the QSOs were in the ACLog,  so I  ignored the warning.  I too changed the timing up to 10 seconds with no success. 

--

73 de Amir K9CHP

ARRL, Emergency Coordinator, Onondaga County, NY
Radio Amateurs of Greater Syracuse  www.ragsclub.org
Wilderness SAR www.wsar.org (ret.)
Eagle Valley Search Dogs www.evdogs.org (ret.)

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020, 07:38 Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
You likely don't have the correct sqlite database file in JTAlert's Log4OM configuration.

Mike W9MDB

On Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 05:51:43 AM CDT, Fred Collins via groups.io <w1fc=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Fred W1FC 

Fred Collins

Thanks for response?? Yes I just i just check ok but a PIA when you need to respond to it every time?? lol 73 Fred??

On 6/16/2020 7:57 AM, Amir K9CHP wrote:
I had the same alert appear logging with ACLog (VHF contest version), yet the QSOs were in the ACLog,?? so I?? ignored the warning.?? I too changed the timing up to 10 seconds with no success.??

--

73 de Amir K9CHP

ARRL, Emergency Coordinator, Onondaga County, NY
Radio Amateurs of Greater Syracuse?? www.ragsclub.org
Wilderness SAR www.wsar.org (ret.)
Eagle Valley Search Dogs www.evdogs.org (ret.)

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020, 07:38 Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Mike W9MDB

On Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 05:51:43 AM CDT, Fred Collins via groups.io <w1fc=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

I receive the attached error message every time I log a qso using JTALERT (2.16.6) and LOG4OM. The qso's are being logged into LOG4OM and show in the "resent qso's"?? immediately?? I have changed the "delay" time all the way up to 20 seconds.. I see nothing unusual in CPU usage during the logging. Does anyone know of any other settings that might be causing this error message.
Fred W1FC??

Fred Collins

I will check?? Thanks

On 6/16/2020 7:38 AM, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:

Mike W9MDB

On Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 05:51:43 AM CDT, Fred Collins via groups.io <w1fc@...> wrote:

I receive the attached error message every time I log a qso using JTALERT (2.16.6) and LOG4OM. The qso's are being logged into LOG4OM and show in the "resent qso's"?? immediately?? I have changed the "delay" time all the way up to 20 seconds.. I see nothing unusual in CPU usage during the logging. Does anyone know of any other settings that might be causing this error message.
Fred W1FC??

Fred Collins

I have checked and it looks fine???? It does log from JT Alert to LOG4OM fine, shows right up in recent qso's

Any other ideas?

On 6/16/2020 8:32 AM, Fred Collins via groups.io wrote:

I will check?? Thanks

Mike W9MDB

Fred W1FC??

g4wjs

Fred,

the channel between JTAlert and Log4OM to log a QSO is different from the channel used to verify that a QSO has been successfully logged. One can be working and without the other. The latter requires direct access to the Log4OM log database, that is probably where you setup is wrong. Successful logging is not validation that the database location is correctly configured in JTAlert.

Bill
G4WJS.

On 16/06/2020 14:36, Fred Collins via groups.io wrote:

I have checked and it looks fine???? It does log from JT Alert to LOG4OM fine, shows right up in recent qso's

Any other ideas?

I will check?? Thanks

Mike W9MDB

Fred W1FC??

--
Bill
G4WJS.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 16/06/2020 11:36 pm, Fred Collins via groups.io wrote:

Any other ideas?

Are you sure they are the same?

Compare what Log4OMV2 displays in the bottom right of its status bar with what you have set in JTAlert. They need to match

eg.

de Laurie VK3AMA

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 16/06/2020 10:31 pm, Fred Collins via groups.io wrote:
a PIA when you need to respond to it every time??

That unable to confirm dialog will continue to appear until you have JTAlert set to use the correct Log file name.

You can turn of the QSO logged successfully check (via the Logging section of the Settings window) to avoid the popup messages, but that hides the incorrect settings AND if the log filename mismatch is not corrected breaks ALL B4 checks done against your Log as they will be occurring against an old log file that is not your current and updated log.

de Laurie VK3AMA

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 16/06/2020 9:57 pm, Amir K9CHP wrote:
I had the same alert appear logging with ACLog (VHF contest version), yet the QSOs were in the ACLog

Very likely you did not set JTAlert to use the correct log file for the N3FJP VHF contest logger. When switching to using one of the supported contest loggers, you have to manually set the log file path in JTAlert, it is NOT automatically determiner like ACLog.

Correct setup instructions are in the Help file, "Tutorials -> N3FJP Contest Logs Logging" topic. Setup is simple.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Fred Collins

Thanks Laurie? I will look at it again

Fred

On 6/16/2020 5:13 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 16/06/2020 10:31 pm, Fred Collins via groups.io wrote:
a PIA when you need to respond to it every time??

That unable to confirm dialog will continue to appear until you have JTAlert set to use the correct Log file name.

You can turn of the QSO logged successfully check (via the Logging section of the Settings window) to avoid the popup messages, but that hides the incorrect settings AND if the log filename mismatch is not corrected breaks ALL B4 checks done against your Log as they will be occurring against an old log file that is not your current and updated log.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Fred Collins

Thank You�� Fixed the issue�� 73 Fred W1FC

On 6/16/2020 5:16 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 16/06/2020 9:57 pm, Amir K9CHP wrote:
I had the same alert appear logging with ACLog (VHF contest version), yet the QSOs were in the ACLog

Very likely you did not set JTAlert to use the correct log file for the N3FJP VHF contest logger. When switching to using one of the supported contest loggers, you have to manually set the log file path in JTAlert, it is NOT automatically determiner like ACLog.

Correct setup instructions are in the Help file, "Tutorials -> N3FJP Contest Logs Logging" topic. Setup is simple.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Fred Collins

Thanks Bill for the explanation, got it. I looked at connection for the confirmation and sure enough it was to a backup file, corrected that all ok now.

Appreciate you assistance.

73 Fred

On 6/16/2020 10:06 AM, g4wjs wrote:
Fred,

the channel between JTAlert and Log4OM to log a QSO is different from the channel used to verify that a QSO has been successfully logged. One can be working and without the other. The latter requires direct access to the Log4OM log database, that is probably where you setup is wrong. Successful logging is not validation that the database location is correctly configured in JTAlert.

Bill
G4WJS.

On 16/06/2020 14:36, Fred Collins via groups.io wrote:

Any other ideas?

I will check?? Thanks

Mike W9MDB

Fred W1FC??

--
Bill
G4WJS.

NA2NY - John Hart

I get the same message if DXKeeper does not upload the QSO to Club Log. I get a message from DXKeeper that the upload failed. Have to click OK on that message. Do you have Club Log upload selected in your logging program?

John Hart?? NA2NY