locked Download ver 2.16.7 immediately getting removed by Norton

Glen Jenkins WB4KTF

My Norton is warning of a TROJAN then deletes the file in an instant before I can do anything, this never happened before.  Sure my antivirus always asked if I was SURE that I wanted to download and Install the JTAlert software, but I was still able to install all of the previous versions for the past few years.  Now, for the first time, NORTON, is trapping and removing the file just after it downloads.
--
Glen, WB4KTF, Austin, TX

Alton N4IDH

Same for me.  I am going to hold off a day or two to see if it just needs to populate the virus program safe list.

Alton
N4IDH

You will probably have to white list it

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v3672136

Aug
AG5AT

Jim N6VH

On 6/10/2020 9:13 AM, Glen Jenkins WB4KTF wrote:
My Norton is warning of a TROJAN then deletes the file in an instant before I can do anything, this never happened before.  Sure my antivirus always asked if I was SURE that I wanted to download and Install the JTAlert software, but I was still able to install all of the previous versions for the past few years.  Now, for the first time, NORTON, is trapping and removing the file just after it downloads.
--
Glen, WB4KTF, Austin, TX
_._,_._,_

This is interesting. Yesterday (June 9 in the USA) I downloaded and installed 2.16.7 with no problems from Norton. Today, as a test, I downloaded the same setup file, and Norton trapped it as a virus. There have been several updates from Norton since I installed it. It was listed as a generic as Trojan.GEN.MBT. I sent it to Norton, so we'll see what happens. Since I was able to install it yesterday, and have excluded the JTalert folders from Norton, it hasn't caused me any further problems.

73,

Jim N6VH

neil_zampella

Whenever any antivirus labels something as 'trojan.GEN.MBT' its basically saying, this looks like something, that may be something else, it may be safe but we're not sure, so we're going to give it a label, and quarantine.

GEN stands for 'generic' which means it could be anything.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 04:37 PM, Jim N6VH wrote:

Trojan.GEN.MBT