locked JT Alert Crashing when alert sound played

Bill Hicks

does this make any sense to anyone regarding JT Alert crashing when playing any audio alert?

Faulting application name: JTAlert.exe, version: 2.16.7.0, time stamp: 0x5edebe03

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x054783e8

Faulting process id: 0x4bd0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d63f38dd3521dc

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\HamApps\JTAlert 2\JTAlert2\JTAlert.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: ecfb0e91-5428-475d-8ae5-0ebdfce12d70

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

wsrmd@...

Be sure you have the most recent version of WSJT-x.  I had the same problem but it went away when I updated WSJT.  No the only bug I have is occasionally the first and maybe the second decodes in WSJT doe not populate in the JTAlert window, and then on the next round it might work well.  Sporadic

Bill  WA4WR

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 11/06/2020 6:49 am, wsrmd@... wrote:
No the only bug I have is occasionally the first and maybe the second decodes in WSJT doe not populate in the JTAlert window, and then on the next round it might work well.  Sporadic

Bill  WA4WR

Update your JTAlert version.
Your HamSpots spot feed shows your spotting WSJT-X 2.2.1 decodes via JTAlert 2.16.6.
JTAlert 2.16.7 had a WSJT-X 2.2.x specific fix for lost decodes. From the release notes...
  Fixes:

    - WSJT-X 2.2.x FT8: Random loss of some early first-pass FT8 decodes received
       at the 11 second point of the Rx period.

On 11/06/2020 1:17 am, Bill Hicks wrote:
does this make any sense to anyone regarding JT Alert crashing when playing any audio alert?

Faulting application name: JTAlert.exe, version: 2.16.7.0, time stamp: 0x5edebe03

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x054783e8

Faulting process id: 0x4bd0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d63f38dd3521dc

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\HamApps\JTAlert 2\JTAlert2\JTAlert.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: ecfb0e91-5428-475d-8ae5-0ebdfce12d70

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

No it doesn't make any sense.

The JTAlert.exe executable itself does not play any audio, instead it offloads that task to a background process, the JTAlertV2.Manager.exe. That operation involves sending a UDP message to the Manager. My guess is that your PC protection software is directly interfering with JTAlert.exe as soon as it issues this UDP instruction.

de Laurie VK3AMA