Topics

locked JTAlert 2.16.7 not logging Country field in HRD #HRD

Roger M

Hi,
I just installed JTAlert version 2.16.7.
After installing, it no longer logs the Country field in HRD.
The Country field displays [None] in HRD.
I have QRZ XML Lookup enabled in JTalert, and my account is valid.
I am running HRD version 6.7.0.275.
This all worked fine with the previous version of JTAlert, 2.16.6

Thanks in advance,
Roger
AC6BW

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/06/2020 2:45 pm, Roger M via groups.io wrote:
I just installed JTAlert version 2.16.7.
After installing, it no longer logs the Country field in HRD.
The Country field displays [None] in HRD.
I have QRZ XML Lookup enabled in JTalert, and my account is valid.
I am running HRD version 6.7.0.275.
This all worked fine with the previous version of JTAlert, 2.16.6

Thanks in advance,
Roger
AC6BW

When did you last update HRD?

Nothing has changed in JTAlert with respect to HRD logging since the changes of 2.16.4 needed to accommodate the HRD 6.7.0.269 FT4 changes.

JTAlert will only send DXCC number and Country Name in the HRD logging command if the DXCC is > 0, that is for a valid DXCC Country.

Is JTAlert showing country data in its log field area prior to logging, if so that should be getting sent to HRD.

Sorry, I am unable to test HRD logging, I don't own a copy. Perhaps one of the group members  who runs HRD will chime in with their observations.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Kyle K7KE

I am using the latest versions of HRD and JTAlert. JTAlert is set to log to HRD, the latest version. But randomly JTAlert fails to log some QSOs to HRD. Then some QSOs will be logged. Then some will not. As a test, when I run GridTracker (for an extended period of time) instead of JTAlert, all QSOs are logged. I am baffled. I prefer JTAlert to GT, but can't figure out why some QSOs are not logged.

Kyle
K7KE

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/06/2020 4:25 pm, Kyle K7KE wrote:
I am using the latest versions of HRD and JTAlert. JTAlert is set to log to HRD, the latest version. But randomly JTAlert fails to log some QSOs to HRD. Then some QSOs will be logged. Then some will not. As a test, when I run GridTracker (for an extended period of time) instead of JTAlert, all QSOs are logged. I am baffled. I prefer JTAlert to GT, but can't figure out why some QSOs are not logged.

Kyle
K7KE
Kyle,

How long ago was the last failed upload? If it has only been a few days, there will likley be something in the JTAlert session files. Please use the "Help" (or "? ") -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis. Pleas include a note of the last Callsign that failed to upload.

On 10/06/2020 4:25 pm, Kyle K7KE wrote:
I am using the latest versions of HRD and JTAlert. JTAlert is set to log to HRD, the latest version. But randomly JTAlert fails to log some QSOs to HRD. Then some QSOs will be logged. Then some will not. As a test, when I run GridTracker (for an extended period of time) instead of JTAlert, all QSOs are logged. I am baffled. I prefer JTAlert to GT, but can't figure out why some QSOs are not logged.

Kyle
K7KE
Kyle,

What version of WSJT-X or is it JTDX? Please quote the actual version number, not "the latest". Thanks

de Laurie VK3AMA

David De Coons

I am running HRD 6.7.277, JTAlert 2.16.7, and WSJT-X.
Country logging is working. Also 100% of the QSOs are logged.

I help friends set this up and when I see the intermittent logging it is almost always due to the computer ewsources (CPU/RAM) being insufficient. I had one person trying to run everything on a 10 year old Fujitsi tablet with 4 GB ram. The OS was accessing the swap file so much everything would freezes every few minutes.

Another friend was using a USB to HDMI adapter on his laptop to drive a 42” TV as a monitor. There wasn’t enough data throuput for the video.

In most cases once hardware upgrades were performed the amount ofbdecodes permcycle went up substantially. On 20 meters yhe last few days i am getting over 36 decodes on many cycles.

First thing to check is CPU. Anything over peaks of 60% usage consistently should be considered for an upgrade. Second is RAM, minimum of 8 GB is needed to accompdate the OS and programs.

For those having issues with HRD, the latest version as of this writing is 6.7.277, not 275. Also check your cpu and ram usage in Task Manager. Hit CTRT-ALT-DEL and choose Task Manager. Also try turning off the color notifications and see if it maes a difference in intermittent logging.

Dave wo2x

On Jun 10, 2020, at 2:46 AM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 10/06/2020 4:25 pm, Kyle K7KE wrote:
I am using the latest versions of HRD and JTAlert. JTAlert is set to log to HRD, the latest version. But randomly JTAlert fails to log some QSOs to HRD. Then some QSOs will be logged. Then some will not. As a test, when I run GridTracker (for an extended period of time) instead of JTAlert, all QSOs are logged. I am baffled. I prefer JTAlert to GT, but can't figure out why some QSOs are not logged.

Kyle
K7KE
Kyle,

What version of WSJT-X or is it JTDX? Please quote the actual version number, not "the latest". Thanks

de Laurie VK3AMA

Alfred Reeves

Great point Dave..  I have found the same issue with many hams that I have helped to solve problems..

Al
W1JHU

On 6/10/2020 6:29 AM, David De Coons wrote:
[...]

Too many typos in my first post. Moral of the story, don’t use the phone to type 😊

Dave wo2x

[...]

HRD was last updated quite a while ago, and it is the most current stable release.

Regarding the issue of JTAlert not logging the country field to HRD:
After a system reboot, the problem has not occurred again.

Thanks for your help.

Roger
AC6BW

David De Coons

Hi Roger,

I am glad you got it running.

You are running HRD .275 but .277 is the latest as of this message. You can download it from HRDs web site.

If you had intermittent logging and a reboot cleared it I would take a look at the apps that are running. Possibly one is causing a memory leak. Task Manager should be able to help chase that down.

Feel free to email me direct for any HRD issues as I am on their beta team and willing to help anyone with HRD logging issues. Laurie has done a wonderful job getting JTALERT working perfect with HRD Logbook. My email is good on QRZ.

This offer goes for any other HRD users as well. We can keep the messages direct rather than tying up this group.

Laurie, you can direct HRD related support issues from users to me if you like. I really appreciate your app and I want to contribute.

73
Dave wo2x

Sent from my waxed string and tin cans.

On Jun 10, 2020, at 11:42 AM, Roger M via groups.io <ac6bw@...> wrote:

"When did you last update HRD?
Nothing has changed in JTAlert with respect to HRD logging since the changes of 2.16.4 needed to accommodate the HRD 6.7.0.269 FT4 changes."

HRD was last updated quite a while ago, and it is the most current stable release.

Regarding the issue of JTAlert not logging the country field to HRD:
After a system reboot, the problem has not occurred again.

Thanks for your help.

Roger
AC6BW

Roger M

David,
Thanks. I'll keep you in mind in case I need any future HRD support.

I skipped installing HRD .277, since the release notes indicate that it is a minor release, whose only change applies just to those who have upgraded from the 30 day trial.

I am running Maria DB with HRD, and I had just recently updated Maria DB to the latest 64-bit version. This also involved installing the 64-bit version of MS Visual C++ 2015-2019. Previously, I had been running the 32 bit MS Visual C++. After all that, I did not do a reboot. So maybe that has something to do with what I was observing.

Anyway, it seems to be working fine now.

Thanks, 73,
Roger
AC6BW

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 11/06/2020 1:42 am, Roger M via groups.io wrote:
Regarding the issue of JTAlert not logging the country field to HRD:
After a system reboot, the problem has not occurred again.

Thanks for your help.

Roger
AC6BW

Thanks for the update Roger.

Since a PC restart corrected the problem, my guess is your running Windows 10, is that the case?
It has been my experience with Win10 that when unusual, unexpected or abnormal application behavior is experienced, often the fix is to perform a Windows restart, and this is not exclusive to JTAlert. I frequently see this on my development PC when using Visual Studio it starts to be erratic and an application restart doesn't correct the problems, but a PC restart does, and this is without any pending Windows updates.

On 11/06/2020 1:57 am, David De Coons wrote:
Laurie, you can direct HRD related support issues from users to me if you like. I really appreciate your app and I want to contribute.

73
Dave wo2x

Tnx Dave!

de Laurie VK3AMA