locked Lost AUDIO CODEXS

Edited

I downloaded the latest version of JTAlert (2.16.7) this morning and found that I know longer have my Audio CODEC. The only choice I have is the Realtex Audio. I tried going back to the previous verson
(2.16.5) but no Audio CODEC.  I'm running WIn10 and have never run into this before. How can I get the Audio CODECback? Any thoughts?

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/06/2020 1:32 am, John Scheuer wrote:
I downloaded the latest version of JTAlert (2.16.7) this morning and found that I know longer have my Audio CODEC. The only choice I have is the Realtex Audio. I tried going back to the previous verson
(2.16.5) but no Audio CODEC.  I'm running WIn10 and have never run into this before. How can I get the Audio CODECback? Any thoughts?

JTAlert lists only the Audio devices the OS tells it are available in response to an api call.

Since your on Win10, try a Windows restart.

de Laurie VK3AMA

FYI. My problem was solved by re-downloading the Virtual Comport Driver from Silicone Labs, cp210x_Universal Windows Driver. I read that another had had this problem after MS did an update. I have had a number of things go south on me after an MS update so I it's not hard to believe.

John  NA6Y

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/06/2020 11:40 pm, John Scheuer wrote:
FYI. My problem was solved by re-downloading the Virtual Comport Driver from Silicone Labs, cp210x_Universal Windows Driver. I read that another had had this problem after MS did an update. I have had a number of things go south on me after an MS update so I it's not hard to believe.

John  NA6Y

Tnx for the update John, good to hear. It is always encouraging to get feedback that a bad user experience was not caused by JTAlert ;-).

de Laurie VK3AMA