locked JT Alert and N3fjp Field Day logging

Greg Yates

I am sure someone is going to use the above.  I have it installed I think.  I can’t think of a way to test if it logs to N3fjp.  I have tried to log a contact but says it is wrong exchange and it is but how do you test it before Field Day?

I asked this question on the N3fjp forum but did not get an answer and not really sure this is the forum but you never know until you ask.

Thanks for any help.

Greg

WB2BIN

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 7/06/2020 9:29 am, Greg Yates via groups.io wrote:

I am sure someone is going to use the above.  I have it installed I think.  I can’t think of a way to test if it logs to N3fjp.  I have tried to log a contact but says it is wrong exchange and it is but how do you test it before Field Day?

I asked this question on the N3fjp forum but did not get an answer and not really sure this is the forum but you never know until you ask.

Thanks for any help.

Greg

WB2BIN

When I test FD with ACLog I manually entered the correct exchanges in the WSJT-X Log QSO window. WSJT-X has to be running in ARRL FD mode and JTAlert has been setup correctly to work with the N3FJP FD Contest logger (you can't use ACLog).

Proper setup of JTAlert and N3FJP is in the JTAlert help file (with pictures), it is a simple operation.
See the "Tutorials -> N3FJP Contest Logs Logging" Help topic.

On 7/06/2020 9:45 am, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) via groups.io wrote:
When I test FD with ACLog

Sorry, that should read "When I test FD with N3FJP FD Contest Log".

de Laurie VK3AMA

Greg Yates

I was using Field Day  Log and I think it is set up properly but HOW DO I TEST to make sure.  I have not found a way.  Please tell  me.

[...]

AI3KS

Greg,

Be sure that N3FJP FD Logger has the API enabled.
Configure both WSJT-X and JTAlert for Field Day.
In WSJT-X enter a call in the DX CAll window.
Click Log QSO
In the QSO entry window fill in both the exchanges (1E EPA) and click OK.
The QSO should log in N3FJP FD Logger.

Hope that helps.

Steve, AI3KS

Greg Yates

Steve,

Thank you very much.  That is exactly the information I was looking for.  I thought the info had to come from the other station.  I did what you said and it works perfectly.

It’s the little things and I am not a computer expert.

Thanks again,

Greg, WB2BIN