Topics

locked African Italy, European Turkey and ITU Vienna. #FT8

asobel@...

My JTAlert 2.16.6 Wanted CQ Marathon is showing I did work WAE African Italy, WAE European Turkey and ITU Vienna. I could not identify any QSO with African Italy, Lampedusa, Pantelleria and ITU Vienna (4U1VIC). I did identifiy 2 QSOs with European Turkey (TC1) but those did belong to "Turkey".
Were are the missing QSOs hidden? I an using WSJT-X and HRD.

Amos 4X4MF

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 6/06/2020 9:18 pm, asobel@... wrote:
My JTAlert 2.16.6 Wanted CQ Marathon is showing I did work WAE African Italy, WAE European Turkey and ITU Vienna. I could not identify any QSO with African Italy, Lampedusa, Pantelleria and ITU Vienna (4U1VIC). I did identifiy 2 QSOs with European Turkey (TC1) but those did belong to "Turkey".
Were are the missing QSOs hidden? I an using WSJT-X and HRD.

I have no way of knowing what Callsigns in your log JTAlert flagged as WAE. They may be callsigns with an WAE override in the cty.dat file JTAlert that are not normally WAE due to their callsign structure.

The only way I could identify the Callsigns would be if I had access to your HRD log file. Since I don't have access to a working copy of HRD I would need to use an ADIF export from your log. Please send an ADIF export file (zipped up) to me directly, NOT via this group.

de Laurie VK3AMA

asobel@...

Laurie

I can make it easier for you. Please let me know which DXCC code is used for each  of the WAE entities as you see below:

This list of separate countries (entities) for the CQ World Wide DX Contest

and the CQ DX Marathon is based on a combination of the ARRL DXCC list,

additional entities on the WAE (Worked All Europe) list and the Italian islands

of Lampedusa (IG9) & Pantelleria (IH9), in CQ Zone 33 off the coast of North Africa.

This provides a total of 346 entities, based on 340 DXCC entities, five additional

WAE entities (GM/Shetland, IT/Sicily, TA1/European Turkey, 4U1VIC, JW/Bear Is.)

plus African Italy.

Amos 4X4MF

[...]

Joe Subich, W4TV

I can make it easier for you. Please let me know which DXCC code is
used for each of the WAE entities as you see below:
ADIF "DXCC Codes" *DO NOT IDENTIFY WAE ENTITIES* They were never
intended to do so. Applications must identify WAE Entities by
CALLSIGN (e.g., IT9, 4U1VIC, etc.) or by an override in AD1C's
CTY files.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

Laurie

On 7/06/2020 7:32 am, asobel@... wrote:

I can make it easier for you. Please let me know which DXCC code is used for each  of the WAE entities as you see below:

There are no dxcc codes for WAE countries. The WAE country is determined by examining the structure of the Callsign and looking for any specific callsign overrides in the cty.dat file.

If you want me to look into what WAE callsigns JTAlert is finding during the Scan you will need to send me an ADIF export of your Log.

de Laurie VK3AMA

asobel@...

Thank you Laurie

I have found that it is easier to locate the WAE entities which are mostly small islands by searching for their GRID/LOCATORS.

Amos 4X4MF