locked JTDX 18.1.0.31 and JTAlert 2.10.6 Double Click CQ Not Working - DEFECT in JTDX

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 9/12/2017 12:43 PM, JohnB wrote:
To the best of my knowledge I have the latest JTDX and JTAlert programs installed, and UDP has been enabled.  But double clicking a station calling CQ in JTAlert does not start a connection.  I have WSJT-X installed and all works well. Am I alone with this problem?

This behaviour is due to a defect introduced into recent releases of JTDX. It is NOT a problem with JTAlert.

It took a bit of testing to isolate the cause.

The DEFECT... JTDX is truncating (removing the first leading character) of the message component of the UDP decode packets.

As an example, instead of "CQ VK3AMA QF22" the message component is received by JTAlert as "Q VK3AMA QF22".

This will break JTAlert CQ alerts, Own Call alerts and the Callsign double-clicks.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jürgen Umstädter

Hi Laurie,

problem is under diskussion in the JTDX Yahoo group and i think this will be
resolved in one of the next versions for testing.

Not a problem of JTalert i think ... ;-)8-)

B.t.w. your´e doing a nice Job and i love JTalert ... Hope you have nice
Holidays ....

Juergen, DF5WW

Am 09.12.2017 um 21:51 schrieb HamApps Support (VK3AMA):

On 9/12/2017 12:43 PM, JohnB wrote:
To the best of my knowledge I have the latest JTDX and JTAlert programs installed, and UDP has been enabled.  But double clicking a station calling CQ in JTAlert does not start a connection.  I have WSJT-X installed and all works well. Am I alone with this problem?

This behaviour is due to a defect introduced into recent releases of JTDX. It is NOT a problem with JTAlert.

It took a bit of testing to isolate the cause.

The DEFECT... JTDX is truncating (removing the first leading character) of the message component of the UDP decode packets.

As an example, instead of "CQ VK3AMA QF22" the message component is received by JTAlert as "Q VK3AMA QF22".

This will break JTAlert CQ alerts, Own Call alerts and the Callsign double-clicks.

de Laurie VK3AMA

JohnB

JTDX v18.1.0.33 has solved this problem.  Tnx Laurie for tracking down the source of this bug.

igwt1939 <igwt1939@...>

Downloaded both the newest versions of JTDX and JTAlert.

After figuring out how to get them to work together I really enjoy

Using them.

Was really surprised this morning when I opened eQSL’s this morning to find so many.

Will be looking for updates now.

KO4PU

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 11/12/2017 3:58 AM, JohnB wrote:
JTDX v18.1.0.33 has solved this problem.  Tnx Laurie for tracking down the source of this bug.

Thanks John for letting us know.

My preference is not to debug the defects in other software, but the noise regarding this issue was overwhelming (the number of support requests was significant, exceeding the number of forum messages in the subject) that I had no choice but to track down the defect in JTDX as I was confident that JTAlert was not broken.

de Laurie VK3AMA