locked Field Day Operation

Marlo Montanaro - KA2IRQ

So, I'm planning on using FT8/FT4 for Field Day, along with JTAlert.

Is there any special set up?  My normal logging program is ACLog.  I'm planning on switching to the Field Day ACLog program.  As long as that is what's running while WSJT-X and JTAlert are both running will it all be seamless, or do I need to do anything special?

Thanks,

Marlo- KA2IRQ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 1/06/2020 10:54 am, Marlo Montanaro - KA2IRQ wrote:

So, I'm planning on using FT8/FT4 for Field Day, along with JTAlert.

Is there any special set up?  My normal logging program is ACLog.  I'm planning on switching to the Field Day ACLog program.  As long as that is what's running while WSJT-X and JTAlert are both running will it all be seamless, or do I need to do anything special?

Thanks,

Marlo- KA2IRQ

Marlo,

The only thing special you need to do is read the JTAlert help file and follow the setup instructions. See the "Tutorials -> N3FJP Contest Logs Logging" help topic.

FD setup is very simple, only made difficult by users who fail to read or follow the documented instructions (I have lost count of how many times that has happened).

I also strongly suggest you don't wait until the event day to get this setup and working.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Larry <larry@...>

N3FJP has updated his field day program. I will use that. WB2UFO

--
Larry WB2UFO

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 1/06/2020 11:14 am, Larry wrote:
N3FJP has updated his field day program. I will use that. WB2UFO
Unless Scott has changes the API used with his Contest Loggers, JTAlert should still work with his new release.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Dave Garber

you just have to change Jtalert to reflect logging to the FD contest log file.   at least that is what I have done in the past

then of course, change it back to the regular Aclog file when the contesting is done

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE